ZJ factory Infinity Gold amp- retro-fitting? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ factory Infinity Gold amp- retro-fitting?

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
citRon
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ZJ factory Infinity Gold amp- retro-fitting?

I got a factory ZJ 'Infinity Gold' amp from the junyard for five bucks. My 97 Grand did not come with this audio package, but I have already added the IG factory head unit with the CD and cassette player.

I'm going to upgrade the speakers as well, and I'd like to use the amp. Does anyone know what wires go to what? I cut the factory plug that goes into the amp out, so I have that with about 6" of wiring- I couldn't take all the wiring out, it was interconnected with a huge wiring harness.

Anyone knowledgeable with this? I posted in the audio section and didn't get any replies.

citRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
pinstriper38

I've never heard of them being worthwhile. I had the same idea but those amps are designed to work with the infinity speakers only and if you use it to power any other kind of aftermarket speakers, they will just sound like crap IMO. I've tried replacing speakers in those systems and they tend to blow them up and sound awful. Just use the stereo as you have it (minus the amp) and it will sound great with a new set of speakers.

Also, a great resource for car stereo wiring diagrams is www.the12volt.com

You can find anything you ever wanted to know about car stereos on there, subs, amps, wiring diagrams, etc.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.html
pinstriper38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

It's not worth the trouble of installation. The factory stuff is very low grade.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

If you can't just plug it in because you've already cut the wire. It's not worth the trouble to put it in.
Unread 11-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
citRon
1996 XJ Cherokee 

cool, thanks. I'm replacing both front door panels this week, so I figured I would put in new speakers while they're off. For the money, it looks like the Sony Xplods at Wally World for $46 bucks is what I'll go with. I was going to run the amp, but I won't worry about it then.
citRon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.