zj died! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > zj died!

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 01-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #16
papashango

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepholic
Even if you don't go the swampy route, you can still cut a hole in the floor, if you don't mind and change it whenever it breaks in about 5 minutes, I have the trailer package and all that has to come off to get to the gastank, my rear floor is covered in rubber and it would never be seen.
cut a hole in the gas tank? can someone explain? i also found a good used fuel pump for $20...maybe something i have to go with (christmas and all kind of killed the ole wallet)...

papashango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #17
jeepholic

Please raed the swamp linky! It's the first line, you cut a hole in the cargo area to access the fuel pump.

94 I6 ZJ at 4", 33's and front locker and 4.11 gears. Swampy Bypass.
[B]Black Jeep Club Member Ver. 2 #51[/B]
jeepholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2005, 01:20 PM   #18
papashango

Quote:
Please raed the swamp linky! It's the first line, you cut a hole in the cargo area to access the fuel pump.
ok, guys, maybe a stupid question, but how do you lift the carpet up? i've got these brackets that i can only imagine are for luggage tie-downs that are above the carpet but stuck on to the body...how's this work? should i just cut through the carpet?

here's a pic to what i'm talking about:

http://www.cmontecillo.com/images/jeep/cut.jpg

am i even looking in the right spot? thanks again, all!

Last edited by papashango; 01-07-2005 at 01:44 PM..
Unread 01-07-2005, 02:19 PM   #19
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

You got more difficult problems after removing the carpet...like how to safely cut a 8 to 10 diameter hole in the cargo bed !!

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #20
jeepholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasefingers
You got more difficult problems after removing the carpet...like how to safely cut a 8 to 10 diameter hole in the cargo bed !!
Easiest way is to loosen the bolts that hold the tank, 2 in the back this will drop the tank enough to clear an accidental slippage with a drill, tank should be empty and you should try to not smoke as much as normally.
Cargo rails? I wasn't supposed to pull those out, sorry I removed mine when I put a rubber floor in.

Unread 01-07-2005, 02:52 PM   #21
jeepholic

Before you go cutting a Jeep, understand my ZJ is a utility vehicle, it is made for work.
I fill the back with tools and parts, my dogs are always back there, it has a tent and chairs mounted behind the spare, it has 4 MRE's under the seat, I carry 5 gallons of water and 2 empty 5 gal jerry's. I backed it into a dumptruck and laughed, some one locked up the brakes and hit me pretty hard in the rear, I didn't even lower the radio, I just smiled and waved at her and drove home. I squeezed it through Bonnaroo traffic twice with 12 people hanging on the sides, my point is I don't count scratches, I use the truck and hope to keep it for awhile, so for me it's nothing to cut a hole in the back, even if I have to drop the tank to do it, since next time it will be easier.
Those cargo rails had always annoyed me, they make it uncomfortable to sleep back there.

Unread 01-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #22
papashango

Quote:
Before you go cutting a Jeep, understand my ZJ is a utility vehicle, it is made for work.
I fill the back with tools and parts, my dogs are always back there, it has a tent and chairs mounted behind the spare, it has 4 MRE's under the seat, I carry 5 gallons of water and 2 empty 5 gal jerry's. I backed it into a dumptruck and laughed, some one locked up the brakes and hit me pretty hard in the rear, I didn't even lower the radio, I just smiled and waved at her and drove home. I squeezed it through Bonnaroo traffic twice with 12 people hanging on the sides, my point is I don't count scratches, I use the truck and hope to keep it for awhile, so for me it's nothing to cut a hole in the back, even if I have to drop the tank to do it, since next time it will be easier.
Those cargo rails had always annoyed me, they make it uncomfortable to sleep back there.
yeah, i don't mind getting those things out (or scratches or prettiness), but how do you get the damn things out? it's not a bolt/screw that holds it down, looks like it's just supposed to NOT come out!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.