ZJ cargo area dividers, let's see your solutions! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ cargo area dividers, let's see your solutions!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 02-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
tac33
1993 ZJ 

ZJ cargo area dividers, let's see your solutions!

I wanted to see what some of you ZJ owners came up with to divide your cargo area from the passenger compartment. I have used a few cheap pet dividers and don't care for them. I want something a little beefier to keep my gear and large dog in the back. I'm familiar with raingler, but was looking for homegrown solutions. I was considering cutting up an old dog crate and mounting it somehow.... Thanks!

tac33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
amonostereo
1993 ZJ 

Clearly there is a lot of interest here.... Well, now I want to know the same thing.... BUMP!
'93 5.2L V8, Laredo, 242 TC swapped from a 249, 3" Coils up front and Front coils in the Rear, JKS Adjustable Track bar, K&N Cold Air Intake with Amsoil filter, Rear cargo area shelving, and KOR's Steering Gear Brace, IRO's Over-The-Knuckle Steering, Top Light Rail, Top Tire Carrier... for now...
OR If you prefer acronyms: 93 5.2 V8, 249>242, 3" FC, ~2" RC, JKS Adj. TB w/ KOR TB Bracket, K&N CIA w/ Amsoil filter, Shelves, KOR SB, IRO OTK HD steering
amonostereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
malibubts
2002 WJ 

I don't know if the ZJs have them or not, but my WJ has a couple hooks on the bed that I strapped a milk crate to. I don't have any pictures on my but it's a pretty simple setup.
Unread 07-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
dcvance87
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Search, this has already been covered.
Unread 07-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
amonostereo
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvance87 View Post

When it comes to the HEAVILY covered topics like Death Wobble, or "Does this 2" lift kit really work?!?", I understand criticism such as the above; but obscure, rarely brought up topics need resurection every once in awhile.
Maybe my abilities are fading, but I think I can search pretty well now; I did for an entire hour this morning. The most recent post I came up with was this one, dated nearly half a year ago.
If you have some suggestions on what to search, I would love to hear them.

As for the resurection; many new ideas are thought up simply because somebody read a thread about it here, on JF. People don't read two year old threads without searching for them, and they can't search for an idea they don't already have fully formulated.

If every single one of us was amazing at searching, there would be very few new topics to cover, so there would be few new threads. When every possible permutation of every question regarding a topic has been answered (like Budget Boosts), there should be no reason for a new thread. On the other hand, when I want to see if there are any new ideas out there regarding this fairly insignificant topic, a mere 'bump' is most certainly not out-of-line.

"Search!" ... Oh, I searched. I came, I searched, I saw nothing worthwhile (far from conquering).

Oh, Jeep Community, let the heavens rain down thy new ideas regarding cargo area dividers/separators!

'93 5.2L V8, Laredo, 242 TC swapped from a 249, 3" Coils up front and Front coils in the Rear, JKS Adjustable Track bar, K&N Cold Air Intake with Amsoil filter, Rear cargo area shelving, and KOR's Steering Gear Brace, IRO's Over-The-Knuckle Steering, Top Light Rail, Top Tire Carrier... for now...
OR If you prefer acronyms: 93 5.2 V8, 249>242, 3" FC, ~2" RC, JKS Adj. TB w/ KOR TB Bracket, K&N CIA w/ Amsoil filter, Shelves, KOR SB, IRO OTK HD steering
amonostereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
cmonson

Quote:
how about you help the guy out instead of being such a dumb ***.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
gmp211
2002 WJ 

There should be a new rule. If you tell someone to search, you should provide one link to a previous thread.
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to see some new ideas on cargo dividers, securing, and/or nets. I would really like to ditch the back seat, but it holds cargo back there just a tiny bit safer than have the seat down. I have tools, fluids, emergency clothes, and winch gear back there.
Unread 07-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Not a divider but i plan on building one like this

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...09&postcount=1

Or this one, but full width with bars on both windows

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...65&postcount=1
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

I made one simular to this last year, it was my inspiration.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN
link dont work right, click on stock 4.0 at top left, then page 8
rooster51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
indredsnake99
1998 ZJ 

its threads like this that make me Just Empty Every Pocket
2007 sahara 2 door wrangler stock bought 02/08/2011

Western Mass 4x4 KEVIN'S OFF ROAD IRON ROCK OFFROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
You'll learn a lot. I didn't know anything when I first joined this site either. (not sure if that's changed at all :laugh:)
indredsnake99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.