ZJ Body / interior questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ Body / interior questions

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Lakoswolf
1993 ZJ 

ZJ Body / interior questions

Greetings all,

I have recently acquired another 1993 ZJ to replace the previous one which was totaled in an accident. (I've kept it for parts and will be parting some of it out soon). Other than the color the only difference with this Jeep is that it's a 5.2 rather than a 4.0. As some of you know (with your assistance) I've done quite a bit of work on my previous Jeep, this one would seem to have some other things going on that I'm not too experienced with, and although they're relatively minor I'd be grateful for any input you may have.

First, given the fact that the entire front end assembly, headlights and all shake, from what I've gather here on JeepForum is that I'll be needing a new header panel. I'll be making a few phone calls to see if the junkyards around here have one, but if not I'll probably end up going third party. Various members have said that the quality of non-OEM replacements is questionable and that these do not typically allow one to adjust the headlights once installed. From your experience, which non-OEM header panel is the best? Do you find the lack of headlight adjustment particularly concerning?

lastly, I've got a rip progressing in the seam of my driver seat, which is leather. I was going to inquire at a upholstery shop but after what I've read regarding the WK's such a repair can be costly. it isn't a large rip but it will get bigger if I don't fix it, has anyone attempted such a repair themselves, and if so what method did you use?

Thanks in advance and for your time everyone!

Lakoswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

1995 ZJ 

Some say that they don't like this vendor, but I've had luck with them, ordered a header panel and front bumper cover thing, when I received they were OEM quality. I don't know if you have a LTD or Laredo but they make a header panel for both. Just save the adjusters from your old header panel they are relatively easy to remove and then reinstall in the new panel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-95-JEEP-G...ht_7912wt_1187

I personally wouldn't get a JY panel, mostly because people tend to rip things out of the JY vehicles and the header panel if it's still there is beat up...and a new one doesn't cost too much with shipping.
My ZJ Injector Swap HowTo
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
jmonty0523
1997 ZJ 

I got mine through Keystone, fit perfectly...
jmonty0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Another option. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair , seat , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.