A ZJ Amplifier Pinout Diagram you can use - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A ZJ Amplifier Pinout Diagram you can use

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 04-21-2014, 03:07 AM   #1
LMHubenig
1995 ZJ 

A ZJ Amplifier Pinout Diagram you can use

Hey Everybody, I am making this post to bring you all a factory amp wiring harness pin out diagram. I've seen it asked for so many times, plus the information I've got from everybody here, figured it's time to give back.

*Notes for Noobs or electrically challenged*

Its Not good practice to re-use the +12V or GND on an aftermarket amplifier, The wires are old, and too small for the current new amps will draw.
If an Aftermarket head unit is used, Run some RCA's to a new amp. Cleaner Signal and its easier if you are already running a new +12V.
Use the same gauge wire for the +12V and GND.
Make the GND wire as short as possible by bolting to chassis close to Amp location, to help avoid a nasty buzz. (You remember your first drunk on moonshine)

I made some pigtails to connect a new amp to the harness, basically 14 ga speaker wire with a fork terminal on one end and just soldered on the other end. The soldered end will act as a pin to push into the harness. Dab of hot glue to holder.
Alright Enough blah blah blah, Hope this works...

jngae.jpg

jeep-zj-amppinoutlowdef.jpg

LMHubenig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 05:24 AM   #2
RetiredGuns
1994 ZJ 

Nice write up! Thanks!
RetiredGuns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
amp , harness , remote , stereo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.