(ZJ) Adding factory fog lights - how to - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > (ZJ) Adding factory fog lights - how to

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 08-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #91
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyliffick View Post
This is my 95 zj. I'm assuming this is my factory plug for my fog lights.
is that near the center of the header panel?
it might be the plug for the ambient temperature sensor

these are the early model fogs that mount on top the bumper

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #92
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Fuzzy pic, but that looks like the plug to the lamp. Sure you don't already have another one tucked away on the other side?
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #93
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreaZJ View Post
Fuzzy pic, but that looks like the plug to the lamp. Sure you don't already have another one tucked away on the other side?
There's definitely not another one there. I checked all around the evap canister and this is the only plug I could find. Here's a pic in the light that shows location a little better.

And here's a pic to show the plug a little better.

caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #94
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

thats it same yellow insulator

here are pics of the factory Y harness

Unread 08-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #95
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

Awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for so I had an idea of what to pick up.
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #96
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

seems to be yet another option when it comes to the above the bumper lights was unable to get a pic of the connection on the fog end it looked like long prongs heres the jumper wire

Unread 08-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #97
thathubcapguy
1996 ZJ 

ok so the mystery gets bigger.
the red 96 i got my fender off of at the JY had twin plugs and they are identical to my single.
both are wrong.
the next ZJ over was a 97 limited with fogs. i took one of the connectors off the red one to try and compare.
does the harness plug into these? or do i need to take the 97 style male ends off a donor and wire it up myself?

with the cap off

97 ZJ
thathubcapguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #98
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve L. View Post
Okay, Im stumped.

I got my fog lights a few weeks ago, and they wont plug into each other. In the first picture you have the plug on the left, thats the plug that was already in the ZJ. As you can tell they dont match up. If you look at the second picture, the plug that is already in the ZJ looks like it comes off. Does it? And if so, then how??? I can't get it off.
Any help will be greatly apreciated. I need to get my ZJ back together tonight for work in the morning. Pic's are below.

Hopefully, steve L figured this out by now, but for anyone else who might run into this I have taken pics. What is posted above are cap connectors. They should unplug like any normal ol' connector. No need to cut it, break it, etc. Here is a pic with them off -

Finally finished this install today after much procrastination. Very straight forward for my 97'. Only difference for me was the fuse box in the engine bay.
Unread 11-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #99
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

nevermind
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #100
CMG
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
Hopefully, steve L figured this out by now, but for anyone else who might run into this I have taken pics. What is posted above are cap connectors. They should unplug like any normal ol' connector. No need to cut it, break it, etc. Here is a pic with them off -

Finally finished this install today after much procrastination. Very straight forward for my 97'. Only difference for me was the fuse box in the engine bay.

Do you know what brand those connectors are? I want to add aux lights using the factory plugs. Dont want to cut the harness so if I could find the type of plug I would make my aux lights plug in using the factory style connectors
CMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #101
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

They are OEM so Mopar/Jeep is the brand. I do not know the plug type. I would just add male ends on your wiring.
Unread 03-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #102
tdugger411
1998 ZJ 

Thank you very much for this write up. Found 2 factory fogs at the pull apart yesterday on a 97 zj and as a bonus the bumper cover was already off. 6 bolts and 2 plugs 2 easy. I had found a switch last time I was there and thanks to this thread I knew where to install the relay I picked up for $11 at oreilly. The passenger side plug is hard to find / get to. It was above the horn on mine and unless bumper cover is off, you can't see it. From what I have seen, 96 has red plugs. 97-98 have the gray. Thanks again for posting your install and especially the pics!! Cheers
image.jpg

tdugger411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.