(ZJ) Adding factory fog lights - how to - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > (ZJ) Adding factory fog lights - how to

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 10-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #61
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

there is 3 holes in a triangle pattern on the cross member, thats they go lol

as for the holes, any sharp blade and a lighter works well, i used a relatively dull pocket knife and heated it up with a lighter every so often, it came out really jagged, but im gonna clean it up later with a diff blade and a file

(just to the left of the sticker are the holes

286493_255476691143175_100000425395477_975077_6043471_o.jpg  
Unread 10-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #62
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

I dont know if i missed this, but how do you wire up the switch? Is there already wires ready for hookup? If someone could give me this answer that would be greatly appreciated.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #63
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

If your jeep is wired for lights them you just swap the switch out and all is good. I would like to know how to wire a factory switch for a 93 that is not wired i wanna know how to tap in to the factory fog switch anyone got that info?
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #64
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

What if i want to just use the toggle switch that came with the fogs? How would i do that? I dont really want to buy the factory switch if i already have the toggle switch.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #65
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Guess you would have to trace the wire from the relay and fuse to the switch harness then tap in to it unless some one has done that work and could tell you the wire colors to cut. if your using a toggle then it would prob be easier to just use the wire harness that came with fogs and toggle switch
Unread 01-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
kurtiscrazy

Hi I am new to this forum. I have a 1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo and I want to install fog lights. I looked under the bumper where the fog lights will be mounted and I found a plug on the driver side that looks like it is for the for lights. I can't seem to find one on the passage side. Where might the passenger side plug be? Also I called my local jeep dealer and they said according to my VIN that my car comes with the foglight harness. This is great news. I just need to cut holes in the lower bumper and mount the lights (when I looked for the harness I saw holes for the lights.

I need help finding the passenger harness and also after reading this article I dont have the relay that is in the passenger footwell. Where can I get one? When looking at the fuse box under the hood the fuse that is in the “fog light” place is a 20 and not a 30. Should I change it? Thanks so much for your help. Here is a picture of the driver side connector I found.

Also the jeep didnt come with fog light button on the left of the dash so I was going to buy a factory jeep fog light, head light switch and install it. Since I have the wiring I think I will work. I dont know though so what do you guys think? Thanks again.

This is the switch I want to buy. You can see the auto. What do I need for the auto to work. I have a "senor" on my dash but I dont know if it is a light sensor. what you think?

PLEASE HELP.

Last edited by kurtiscrazy; 01-05-2012 at 05:29 PM..
kurtiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #67
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

i have a set of factory fogs and that switch forsale pm me if you want them

the plugs are behind the horn and behind the evap canister
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #68
ZJJAMES
1996 ZJ 

I have the factory lights and hooked the wireing up to a set of HID fogs. I hooked one up and tested it and it worked fine then when I hooked the second one up they no longer worked. I dont understand why that would blow the fuses or relay.
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #69
TontoKowalski
2004 WJ 

does anybody know where I can purchase both a replacement light switch with fog light and a relay?

i'm thinking they both would be like $30, no?
TontoKowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #70
jmonty0523
1997 ZJ 

Best spot for a switch would be a junkyard. Brand new switch is probably gonna be just over $100. Relay, parts store, under $10. I paid $20 for my junkyard switch, probably could get a cheap one off eBay if something similar if u look enough.
(o) )-o---) ) (o) )-o---) )______
jmonty0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #71
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TontoKowalski View Post
does anybody know where I can purchase both a replacement light switch with fog light and a relay?

i'm thinking they both would be like $30, no?
pm'ed
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #72
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

I was thinking of adding the fogs to my 97 Grand and stumbled onto this thread. Pretty cool write up. If some of you guys would rather buy new switches and OE type fogs we sell them on the site. I'll post some links up for you guys.

1997 - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fog Driving Light Pair

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fog Light Pair

1993 - 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fog Driving Light Pair

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Switch
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #73
ExpeditionXJ

Anyone have a part number for the relay that gets installed into the pass side footwell panel?

I have everything else done, just need to install relay and test.

Disregard, found one in garage that matches the number on relay above this one.
ExpeditionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #74
thrashin
1998 ZJ 

My ZJ came with the factory fogs but one got ripped off by a minivan along with my bumper cover. Can I use the stock switch and wiring/connector and use aftermarket off road style light instead without mods to relay or fuses etc?
thrashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashin View Post
My ZJ came with the factory fogs but one got ripped off by a minivan along with my bumper cover. Can I use the stock switch and wiring/connector and use aftermarket off road style light instead without mods to relay or fuses etc?
you can use the same output wires, as long as the wiring is still there
341012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.