ZJ '96 Limited w/o heated seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ '96 Limited w/o heated seats

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread Yesterday, 04:21 AM   #1
hendel

ZJ '96 Limited w/o heated seats

I was wondering... I've got a 5,2V8 ZJ Limited from 1996. Everything meets specs that it should have but....

I've got leather electric seats with memory but i do not have but heaters , swithes are not present as well.

I was wondering if it was tempered or it's possible that someone (first owner) didn't want this stardard option.

another thing is how to check if there are heat mats in the seats? maybe there are and all i need to do is change the switches panel?

If there;s something that needs further explanation please let me know, I'm from Poland so my English might not be very good

hendel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:45 AM   #2
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...iteup-1148835/

Look here, you can see the various connectors that will be present if the heaters are present, but I kinda doubt they are and even if they are you would still need the module in the dash for heated seats, heated seat relays ect to make it function.

To go that route ,look here
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...ir+heated+seat
Unread Yesterday, 06:09 AM   #3
hendel

The most suprising for me is that it's a Limited version and in this make year it should have heated seats as a standard. Was there even an option to resign from a standard thing? I'm pretty sure that this was tempered with and it might be just the switches module. I don't want to take everything apart just to see what's inside. Maybe there should be a separate relay or a fuse which would say it's worth buying and tearing whole console apart to change swiches module

Maybe a VIN decoder of somekind that would say what's what. 1J4GZ78YXVC505650 - for USA market since it has all USA headlamps, non UE radio (just odd numbers freq), miles on dash instead of Km and so on.
Unread Yesterday, 07:50 AM   #4
96zedjay
1996 ZJ 

I've got two 96 5.2 limiteds
One has heated seats, sunroof and flip-glass hatch
the other not.
Otherwise identical.
96zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 08:09 AM   #5
hendel

ok, so it seems legit to not have all the standard options. Yet might it just be the turn over year for face lifting that has it's own rules.

The same goes with Chk Engine that I have which shows a catalyc converter error, no one of my frends has it despite the lack of CC in their ZJs.

Mine has been replaced with a tube and the sensor socket rewelded into it. so I've got standard 2 lambda sensors but as I know the second one (in the CC) should not be giving any errors.

These are strange ZJ I tell You...strage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.