Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

ZJ 96 5.2L water pump Small hose

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  94ZZJJ 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Thyis is my first post but I've been lurking and finally have a reason to post. I'm in process of replacing the water pump on the above Jeep. With the help of several posts i've searched, I've gotten the water pump off, the gasket cleaned the bolts numbered etc. The samll hose is just not going to make it. It's soft, expanded and I'm not going to take the chance. Has anyone replaced that little hose? It is located in under the Air Conditioning compressor and the Alternator. I cannot see a way to get to the back hose clamp. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dodger

#2 ·
That is the bypass hose. I was a good guy and replaced mine when I did the wp but looking back I would have took my chances. If you take the a/c comp off you have a window the size of a quarter to install the top clamp. I didn't but if you take the bracket for the a/c and alt etc off you I think will have room but I didn't want to go too far.
Just get some long nose tools and you should eventually get it :drool: :laugh:

#4 ·
No use taking chances :rtft:

To lift the a/c comp you just have to unclip some plastic line holders and then you can prop it up some. I never tried to lift both but think it can be done if needed. If you have a hose screw type hose clamp its harder too do(thats what I did). If you use a flexy clamp all you will need is a set of long nose pliers. I couldn't find mine when I did mine so I had to use a screw type clamp. Its not impossible, its just one of those things like the 02 sensor plug thats a pain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.