Zj 93 grand cherokee 5.2l build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Zj 93 grand cherokee 5.2l build

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 05-12-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Zj 93 grand cherokee 5.2l build

Just wondering what you guys would do to your zj if you have about $1000 to spend a month on your car?? Cause for me Im lost on what to do to my jeep and I want it to have the best performance on road as well as off road. And in total I might have about $6000 to spend or maybe $10000. So if I where to break it down on a month by month bases, what should I buy first? And ya atm my car is bare bone

ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Long arms are a must. Clayton 7" kit IRO 7" Premium kit but I like claytons rear set up better. I'd do IRO front long arms and Clayton rears. You can do like 4.5" of lift if you dont want it too high. Cant write a lot on my phone but thats a good start. And get a good breathing exhaust

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Theres almost too many options. Id swap an 8.8 in too with front and rear lockers

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
Unread 05-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

1. IRO 5.5" Critical Path with rear long arms
2. Rear 8.8 swap
3. Truss for front D30
4. 33" tires
5. 4.56 gears
6. Lockers front and rear
7. Front bumper, skid plates
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #5
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Wheres the best place to get all these parts?? Should I go to auto zone?? Also atm im lookin at an air intake system is it well worth it and which one would you guys recomend??
Unread 05-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
Long arms are a must. Clayton 7" kit IRO 7" Premium kit but I like claytons rear set up better. I'd do IRO front long arms and Clayton rears. You can do like 4.5" of lift if you dont want it too high. Cant write a lot on my phone but thats a good start. And get a good breathing exhaust
Ohh plz do, list as much as you can so that I can get a better understanding.
Unread 05-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #7
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

K&N Cold Air Intake is what i usually run. I'm skeptical about using one when i'll be going through mud. How high do you want to lift it? What size tires do you want to run? How good of a ride do you want?

And no, you cannot get these parts at autozone.

Unread 05-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Also I want to add that this car is my daily driver and sometimes I use it for trips to vegas
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #9
BlueDevil
1995 ZJ 

6-10 grand to throw on a ZJ? Damn!!! I wish I had that kind of $$!!

If it was me, I'd first get a nice set of spare sensors, which are so PITA on the ZJ. Like, thermostat, CPS, TPS, MAP, coil, a spare fuel sending unit etc. That all should run in the well-less-than-$500 range and if I could afford it I'd always have it around- they won't go bad if just standing by as a replacement ready to be used.
Then, of course, lift w/ long arms, nice tires+wheels, steering upgrade, maybe a winch, some armor/bumper upgrade, swing spare tire carrier for ovesized tire you'll be having, maybe swap to 231 TC instead of 249 - or at least have a spare VC sitting around... That's what I'd do if I had money laying around - and I belive that all summed up is less than half of your budget...
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:03 AM   #10
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Iron Rock Offroad for the lift www.ironrocloffroad.com

East Coast Gear Supply for gears, lockers and axle www.eastcoastgearsupply.com

Tire Rack for tires www.tirerack.com

Northridge4x4 or Icleand Offroad for a bumper www.northridge4x4.com www.icelandoffroad.com

IRO and the junkyard for skids

Any K&N dealer for the FIPK www.knfilters.com
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:06 AM   #11
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biebs53 View Post
K&N Cold Air Intake is what i usually run. I'm skeptical about using one when i'll be going through mud. How high do you want to lift it? What size tires do you want to run? How good of a ride do you want?

And no, you cannot get these parts at autozone.

I have the K&N cold air intake one my Jeep. I have a waterproof AEM cover for it that lets it breath but no water gets through.
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #12
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

If you want to do the exhaust as well I would suggest a Magnaflow and Dynomax catback system. Sounds great and doesnt break the bank. And emissions legal as far as I know.
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #13
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Where did you get the cover?

Ninja, give a call to Kolak (Nick) and tell him your situation and he can help you make a plan. You don't have to buy anything but he has good prices on some items like shocks and the K&N intake. I would also add the Hanson front bumper to the list of options (Kolak sells them) and the KOR Rear Stealth Bumper with Tire Carrier.

Unread 05-12-2011, 02:14 AM   #14
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Any K&N dealer should have the AEM cover, I can gab a part number in the morning if you want.

x2 on the tire carrier, if I get my new job its on the list after tires and another ARB bumper.
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #15
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Yup I got my lift and tires waiting to go on. I start my 2nd job on Fri and I plan on hanson front and kor rear. After lockers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.