Zj 5.9 p1757? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Zj 5.9 p1757?

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 09-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
SpenceAK
1995 ZJ 

Zj 5.9 p1757?

Anybody delt with a P1757 code. Gov. Pressure greater than 3psi when requested to be 0psi??

Not sure if its the original tranny but if it is it has 162,000 miles on it. When I pulled the engine to rebuild it torque converter looked new? I put a little over 100 miles on rebuilt engine and just got this code.

SpenceAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Either the gov pressure sensor/solenoid is going bad or your TV cable is out of adjustment. Try resetting the TV cable. If the line pressure is out of whack it can toss out that code.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
SpenceAK
1995 ZJ 

Ok thanks polka I don't know the procedure for adjusting the cable but Ill research it I think I've read about people doing it and its extremely easy
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

It's not hard but you will have to do it more than once to fine tune it. What I do it set it according to the instructions then take it out for a pedal to the floor test and see at what RPM's it shifts at. If it doesn't shift to 4th before it hits the red line I adjust it forward until it shifts to 4th about 4500 at WOT. I know for sure that if the TV line pressure is too great that code will pop up. Happened to me. I cleared it and it hasn't been back.

To the fire wall is more firm later shifts, to the front is softer sooner shifts.
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
SpenceAK
1995 ZJ 

So according to this code my line pressure is to great? Do I adjust forward or rearward?
It seems to shift firm under light loads.
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenceAK View Post
So according to this code my line pressure is to great? Do I adjust forward or rearward?
It seems to shift firm under light loads.
You slide it forward to the front of the Jeep for less firm shifts. That will reduce pressure. You do not want it too sft because that will wear the transmission clutches faster. Firmer shifts are better but obviously too firm and the Gov pressure sensor freaks out. I liked my 46RH much better.
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
SpenceAK
1995 ZJ 

Thanks I'm gonna clear code then push cable forward tiny bit at a time see if that kills my prob if not ill be replacing the sensor and sol.
Unread 09-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenceAK View Post
Thanks I'm gonna clear code then push cable forward tiny bit at a time see if that kills my prob if not ill be replacing the sensor and sol.
That's what I would do first. If it doesn't work you can drop the pan and try cleaning the sensors. But to me that is a waste of time and money. Just replace them while you are in there. Borg Warr makes an upgraded HD solenoid and sensor. It has a larger diameter orifice I think.
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
SpenceAK
1995 ZJ 

I hope I'm not speaking to soon but I noticed I had routed the TV cable under my wiring harness (the big one thats close to the firewall) and I remember yesterday driving on a very bumpy road. Well the harness was laying on top of the cable and was kind of tweaking it so I pulled it off and routed it above the harness. Went for a long drive and no mil light. So I hope that was the issue. I cleared the code last night and in the morning went for a short drive to get coffee and mil light came back on within 10-15 min of drive.
Also there is a plastic something on that harness that holds it in place well when I installed my engine I just let the harness kind of hang so I could get my hands back there for future repairs such as oil sender so the weight of the harness was on the tv cable I hope this was my issue. Hope this makes sense
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

This is an I6 but it's the same for the V8.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.