ZJ 4.0L vacuum checkvalve install location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ 4.0L vacuum checkvalve install location

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-01-2004, 06:46 AM   #1
97RedBird
2009 MK Compass 

ZJ 4.0L vacuum checkvalve install location

I just purchased the vacuum checkvalve canister for my 96 4.0L to solve the issue when you go up a steep or long incline the A/C switches to the defrost and back to A/C as soon as you crest the hill.

Where does this checkvalve go. It has a rubber 90 degree elbow that is to large to fit on anywhere I could find in the engine compartment. I thought it would install on the HVAC leg of the vacuum line, but it doesn't work without some engineering and another 6 inches of vacuum line. Does it install under the dash closer to the HVAC door? The canister is about 2-3 inches long and 1" in diameter. part #33321

Thanks!

97RedBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2004, 07:24 AM   #2
97RedBird
2009 MK Compass 

Couldn't find the TSB yesterday. Here it is for anyone else that needs the fix. The vacuum canister was only $6.50 from the dealership.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1996/24-01-96a.htm
97RedBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.