ZJ - 2 Questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ - 2 Questions...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 10-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

ZJ - 2 Questions...

I was wondering what tires I should choose between for my 3" lift. I was thinking of BFGood Mud Terrains (cant afford the Goodyears) or the All terrains. I offroad maybe 3-4 times a month with mud/dirt trails, but I want to be able to go through a mud hole every once and a while and not get stuck. Anyone know what the average total miles on the tires are?

Other question is, can I fit 32's on a 3" lift? I know you can pound the seam in on the inner front fender wells and trim the front bumper, but I have no bottom bumper. Would I be able to flex all the way without hitting my fender?

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Search bud, I know weve covered these issues alot recently and a while back too.

On just a 3" lift without chopping the heck out of the fenders 32s wont stuff that well. I ran them on 3.5" of lift and ripped my front bumper off all the time and rubbed when doing any real flex. It worked fine on the road and normal driving after I hammered the pinch seam and trimmed the front bumper.

Get the MTs. Im running KM2s now, but I used to run ATs a while back. Its a night and day difference.
UTChavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Ok ill do a search. My friend said he can make it fit 32's fit on my Jeep. He said it will be a lot easier since I have no bottom bumper. Did it rub when turning as a DD

Unread 10-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

After I hit the pinch seem and trimmed the bottom corners off my plastic bumper, no it didnt trim when turning.
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

I think it would be easier to just get 31's. And its cheaper . What would your choice of tires be?

Unread 10-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

BFG KM2s. Kinda biased since Im running them. Everyone has there own opinions. I see alot of TSLs but there horrible on road. If your DDing alot and not running many trails id just find a mild mud terrain. The KM2s have great road manners.
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
moparrr07
1998 ZJ 

tsl have ALOT of side bit but they suck at EVERYTHING ELSE, bad in mud, on road etc
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Im only getting BFGoods... No super swampers. No offense but I hate Superswampers.

Unread 10-09-2008, 12:44 AM   #9
UofOJeeper
1998 ZJ 

here ya go!

http://www.geocities.com/jeepfaq/index.html

"A man who asks no questions, rarely has any answers"
UofOJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 01:32 AM   #10
dcvance87
2006 TJ Wrangler 

In a couple days I'm gettn tires. I just got a price quote today. 265x75R16's Cooper Discoverer mud terrains for only $829 installed. I'm throwin those on and I only have a 2" lift. Did somebody say trim? Haha.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.