ZJ 2.25inch spacer Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ 2.25inch spacer Question

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
zjfeezin
1998 ZJ 

ZJ 2.25inch spacer Question

Hey guys just had a few quick questions about my spacers that im currently installing.

First Question: I am having trouble putting the front coil springs back on with the new spacers. I have the tie rod ends, sway bar, and shocks disconnected but the axle isn't drooping enough for the springs to fit. Would it help to disconnect the track bar as well? I know I could use a compressor but a friend of mine caught a coil in the face and it was an absolute nightmare so I'm a bit skiddish about them. Any advice on how to avoid using a spring compressor would be great!

Second Question: I have just ordered 31s to go on the stock 16s do you think they will fit without any type of trimming or will I have to trim?

I've got a 1998 ZJ 5.2 limited if this helps.

zjfeezin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
Cherokee95kid
1995 ZJ 

I bolting the track bar would help some bit it's mostly the control arms that stopped me from outing the spring back in. Also did u extend the rear spring retainers ? Cause if u didn't you might lose a spring. And 31's will work they will just rub at full lock on your control arms and bumpers so trimming the bumper may be in order .
Cherokee95kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

wheel spacers will prevent rubbing on the control arms. Did you get a strut compressor to help get the springs back in? because you're going to need one. 31's will rub a little during turns and flex (maybe, depends on the jeep), so you're going to have to put the wheels on and find out.

My bb is going on this week so I've been researching and talking about the set up haha.
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

I'd suggest going ahead and getting the compressor, I couldn't get them on without it, with It my buddy and I got them on with only the sway bar disco-ed.

Get this type and take your time with it, should be fine.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Jack up the side you are working on so the coil is compressed then slip on the compressors to hold the coil and slowly let down the jack. Coil is compressed and ready to slide off and go back on easy.
For the rear you won't need them.

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/sharedi...allbbzjxj.html
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
spacers , springs , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.