Zero Oil Pressure - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Zero Oil Pressure

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRoxxah View Post
Will a mechanical gauge work with the engine off...or when the key is in the ON position?

<snip>

I also have my MAP sensor pulled and cleaned it with MAF cleaner. I feel this part is meant to be replaced rather than cleaned since you can't really take it apart like a MAF.

<snip>

Can you do what ZeeJay1997 mentioned and test the CCV without having the engine running? I feel like there would be pressure if it's cranking but I'm not sure.
Since the engine has to be turning to generate oil pressure no gauge will work with the engine off. Cranking should be enough to build pressure on a mechanical gauge though. You can buy a cheap one at a parts store for around $15 and temporarily plumb it in instead of your factory sensor.

MAP sensors respond to air pressure not air flow so the don't really get dirty. Spraying a bunch of solvent into the sensor chamber is probably not a good idea.

The engine doesn't make enough vacuum or blow by while cranking to make messing with the CCV hose worth anything. You need to get it running first.

zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.