Your Speeds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Your Speeds

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #1
KillerZJ

Your Speeds

I know this is a Jeep forum, and Jeeps arent the fastest out there, but what are your fastest speeds you have taken your Jeeps? (KJ's, TJ's, XJ's are all welcome any year model.)

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2003, 09:54 AM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I've been to 100 on the 32s and 95 or so on the 33s. That was not very smart either time.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2003, 10:33 AM   #3
Invisible

Here you go:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=36540
Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2003, 02:58 PM   #4
KillerZJ

there could be some updates w/ some speed records. If you didnt post at the link he gave me, post it here so I can see please.

Unread 05-03-2003, 12:20 PM   #5
fut

120mph - all stock

All stock 4.0 "highoutput" (whatever that means)

120mph on the highway, stock tires I was racing a 1992 Si Honda Prelude, we were on the phone and i wanted to see how fast i could go because i know the 85mph mark wasnt the max, my needle was all the way down half ways, he said he was reading 120 at the max moment.

I also haul *** against any other general car at start off. On the road i've only been beat by 1 truck, and that was a V8 dodge xxxx, i didnt catch what kind of truck it was because he was going a bit too fast, but it was a huge truck, diesel i bet.

Last edited by fut; 05-03-2003 at 12:26 PM..
fut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2003, 08:20 AM   #6
KillerZJ

stock...120...I dont think so. And how long was the steep downhill stretch? BTW, how many miles do you have on it.

Unread 05-05-2003, 09:34 AM   #7
fut

Stock, not downhill. I have 113k on it. By the way yesterday i went wheeling and on the way there i was doing 77mph on a 55mph even though my radar was going off we still got a speeding ticket (I had the music too loud). Well that's my first ticket, anyone know how much they normally run? I hear they charge you per mile over the speed limit (they didnt have a speed limit sign either, but he said when there isnt one its always 55mph).
fut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2003, 08:30 AM   #8
ZJohnR

I hate thinking about how stupid I was doing this, but I have gotten it around 110 or so on the freeway and find myself approaching 100mph too often...not on purpose, of course

If it were at stock height with appropriate tires, then it'd be no big deal...but, not very bright at 4.5" and 32's...problem is, this thing likes to cruise at higher speeds, although my gas bill doesn't agree, lol...

needless to say, I certainly don't recommend these Jeeps to be going so fast...one false move...ouch...
Unread 05-07-2003, 01:36 PM   #9
Howler

The fastest I've had mine was 170. Wait that was KPH. That would be around 100 MPH ish. Not exactly sure. Stock tire but with 4.5" lift.
Howler
Unread 05-07-2003, 02:04 PM   #10
ILoveto4x4inNC

I've had mine up to 110 on the freeway, in stock form, she still had more to give but I ran out of courage. I LOVE to hear that 5.2 rumble when I stand on it. It was starting to get a little unstable. Some idiot thought it was funny to get in front of me and slam on the brakes. I was trying to outrun him so he couldn't do it anymore. ZJ can't compete with a stratus. After he nearly creamed me and an RV at the same time I just let him go. He did it to every SUV he came accross on the road. We were behind him for about 50 miles or so. If I'd been alone in the Jeep, I probably would have put him in the ditch. Wife didn't think that would be a good idea so, an a$$hole got to live another day.

'98 ZJ with 5.2L
Stock except for Optima red top
bigger tires(30x9.50 15 BFG MTs)
Rancho RS5000 shocks
swapped in NV231
and Pioneer CD deck.

White Jeep Club member #14
ILoveto4x4inNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2003, 08:57 PM   #11
eJay

105mph with my 99 Grand Cherokee Limited.
eJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2003, 09:44 PM   #12
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

2006 XK Commander 

95ish in my XJ with 31s .... felt fine but it's kinda not the best idea...

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.