you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 93 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 05-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #1381
97BurgundyGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattywagon92
when you stare at your gauges more than the road to make sure its running ok.
I do that everyone I drive. It's just habit now. I even look at the gauges when my husband is driving my jeep

97BurgundyGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #1382
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattywagon92
lol! Every day!
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #1383
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

When your front cladding is held on with zip ties because most of the tabs were gone when you bought it.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #1384
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattywagon92
same!! and when you walk out in morning and wonder which dashboard and VIC lights are gonna turn on today
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #1385
BRae_in_a_ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl1321 View Post
hey hey now. not nice.
I sincerely apologize for my indirect slam on woman ZJ drivers! I actually love when i see girls driving ZJ's (or just jeeps in general).

however, i think we can all agree that there is NOTHING girly or cute on a ZJ. It is a straight bodied, powerful, beast of a vehicle. They are also a symbol of hard work, and you cant help but feel like the better man when you pull up to an intersection. (you guys know what i mean)

Props to you for being a woman Jeep owner and driver!
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #1386
BRae_in_a_ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
Obviously women drive ZJs too, but I agree with the other poster, there is something very manly about a nicely put together ZJ.

I often pull up at stoplights next to officer worker type guys, clean shirts and hands in their BMWs or Mercedes' convertibles who seem to be enjoying their "manly" 100k midlife crisis cars and look down at them and just smile. Their look back is often a look of disappointment in themselves, kind of as if they realize that no matter how hard they try, they will never experience the true satisfaction of life as a 21 year old with greasy hands in a beefed up Jeep
This is how i feel dozens of times a day!!! I live in NOVA and we have 30% of our residents work for the Government and commute to DC in their pretty little cars. Then they see me... the look on their face is priceless!
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #1387
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRae_in_a_ZJ View Post
This is how i feel dozens of times a day!!! I live in NOVA and we have 30% of our residents work for the Government and commute to DC in their pretty little cars. Then they see me... the look on their face is priceless!
Story of my life man, I'm glad somebody agrees. My area is full of the kind of people who bring their cars to a garage for new windshield wipers because they would hate to get their shirt dirty. No matter how cool they might think they are in their convertible Benz that dad has just bought them because they finished high school, when I pull up beside them, they realize where their priorities should be
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #1388
Pattywagon92

when your jeep has more rattles and jingles than a christmas carol.
Pattywagon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #1389
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

When a cookie sheet is a prerequisite as a diagnostic tool.

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #1390
jeepgirl1321
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRae_in_a_ZJ

I sincerely apologize for my indirect slam on woman ZJ drivers! I actually love when i see girls driving ZJ's (or just jeeps in general).

however, i think we can all agree that there is NOTHING girly or cute on a ZJ. It is a straight bodied, powerful, beast of a vehicle. They are also a symbol of hard work, and you cant help but feel like the better man when you pull up to an intersection. (you guys know what i mean)

Props to you for being a woman Jeep owner and driver!
oh I love my jeep. it's a beast!!! and I have had to put alot of work into this one. just replaced the oil pump and head gaskets all by myself! woot.
jeepgirl1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #1391
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl1321 View Post
oh I love my jeep. it's a beast!!! and I have had to put alot of work into this one. just replaced the oil pump and head gaskets all by myself! woot.
Did you figure why it is bipolar ?
my jeep is bipolar

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #1392
spidermonkey
1998 ZJ 

When you keep a gatoraid bottle cap in your glove box in case you destroy the rear drive shaft, fits like a glove and keeps the oil in the t-case. My friend did this! Drove home 65 miles in fron wheel drive.

My driveway build here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/spidermonkeys-98-zj-build-716209/
speedo reading x spd gear tooth count/gps speed = new spd gear for dead on accuracy
North Shore Wheelers www.nsw4x4.com
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #1393
noodles5124

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachjf
your passenger side floorboard is a swimming pool
gas station attendants know you by name
I would love to know where of this water is coming from
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #1394
jeepgirl1321
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll

Did you figure why it is bipolar ?
my jeep is bipolar
we never really found the reason, just replaced the oil pump and a gasket! she's running like a beast now except for the check engine light on for the shifter solenoid...
jeepgirl1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #1395
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

When your ignition switch lock wears out from frantically cycling the ignition key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON while checking for Check Engine Light codes. Then for the next two weeks, you drive around starting/stopping the engine with a giant screwdriver jammed in the ignition switch while waiting for the new parts to arrive.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.