you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #91
tazerproof
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
When your girlfriends nick name your ZJ "The Cock Magnet" because there are always a bunch of dudes circle jerking around your lift and tires everywhere you go. True story about my last ZJ.

My wife calls mine the penis extension. Is she trying to tell me something?

tazerproof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #92
tazerproof
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Give him the benefit of the doubt. I assumed he was in Mexico minding his own business when the race "just happened."
lol....I suppose I should. Tough to condone that behavior, though.

He seems like a nice kid otherwise.
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #93
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazerproof

Street racing? Glad I don't live near you.
We do a little street racing around here but it's on a 3 mile flat, strait piece of pavement that sees about 10 cars a day. Street racing in traffic is a bad idea, though I to get up to the speed limit quickly when some young punk is being stupid. I did nothing about it but I had a kid the other day driving a 90s grand prix at a light in Fargo the other day, I take off normal in my dmax, spin a little at 10 mph as this is ND and I'm in 2wd, so I lift, mind you I started at about 1/8 throttle and lifted, this punk sticks his hand out the window and starts waving like he just smoked my dmax. Some youth need to be slapped.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #94
jmonty0523
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazerproof

lol....I suppose I should. Tough to condone that behavior, though.

He seems like a nice kid otherwise.
Come on, nobody else on here likes to show the ricers in their civics that the fart can, wing, and stickers don't actually make the car fast? Its hilarious when they can't keep up with a stock 4.0 ZJ that's 14 years old....
(o) )-o---) ) (o) )-o---) )______
jmonty0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #95
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonty0523

Come on, nobody else on here likes to show the ricers in their civics that the fart can, wing, and stickers don't actually make the car fast? Its hilarious when they can't keep up with a stock 4.0 ZJ that's 14 years old....
I do sometimes, up to the speed limit, but not in a 4.0 zj. That's like giving them a chance. Lol.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #96
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I got pulled over for "unlawful acceleration" once. I went fast from a stop to 35 mph. lol. He gave me a warning but apparently it's not a cheap ticket.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #97
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

When you work on your Jeep every single Saturday because *something* always needs fixing. When your family begins to suspect that 'needs' is somewhat arbitrary. When the day they decide to call you on it you triumphantly point out that in fact the alternator has died and is causing the engine to misfire for some reason. When you realize you just were happy your ZJ was actually broken.

When your buddies Jeep has a bad starter that you help him fix and a week later yours goes bad causing you to label his Cherokee a bad influence. When the same situation happens with catalytic converters and confirms it.
zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #98
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
I got pulled over for "unlawful acceleration" once. I went fast from a stop to 35 mph. lol. He gave me a warning but apparently it's not a cheap ticket.
In ND they have excessive acceleration, and exhibition driving if you spin your tires. Excessive acceleration is never given out, simply because what is considered excessive? Never prove it in court, because how can an officer watching you take off say oh you looked like you followed the law a little to fast there. Lol.
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #99
jnowak
1993 ZJ 

Ever been driving down the rode and thought is that smell coming from mine. Than stuck face to air vents.
jnowak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #100
tazerproof
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonty0523 View Post
Everyone knows that stickers add HP on ricers. But on ZJs, they add TRACTION!
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #101
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

1995 ZJ 

when you have dreams of keeping your ZJ forever as a project rig, and having your girlfriend say "You aren't keeping that damn Jeep! It's going to be a money pit!" And then telling her it already is. Dooming yourself to more yelling.
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #102
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

When after dumping your blood, sweat, tears and all of your money into your ZJ, you refuse to buy anything newer than 1998
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #103
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenscrew
when a wrangler says your zj makes them look bad.

when you back in parking spots so you can look back at it as you walk away and smile
I am guilty of the second one
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #104
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnowak View Post
Ever been driving down the rode and thought is that smell coming from mine. Than stuck face to air vents.
I was at a light in a busy intersection when I saw smoke around my hood. My butt puckered and I pulled over only to find out that it was from the grill at the burger joint to my right
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #105
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander21510 View Post
when you have dreams of keeping your ZJ forever as a project rig, and having your girlfriend say "You aren't keeping that damn Jeep! It's going to be a money pit!" And then telling her it already is. Dooming yourself to more yelling.
I told my wife that when I get a "real" job, I'm buying myself a new vehicle. She said, "Good. Then you'll get rid of your Jeep." I laughed. When she asked what was so funny, I told her it's staying. She said, "Then you're not getting a new vehicle." That's fine. I'd rather drive my ZJ anyway.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.