you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 67 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #991
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I'm pretty sure the gas alone for my ZJ runs more than my payment for my wife's 2012 Cruze and the gas it uses.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #992
93 Cherokee

When you see a guy holding the ZJ's hatch and the other guy holding tools and you know exactly what he's replacing. You then laugh because you just replaced yours and quit using the 2x4 lol!
93 Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #993
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie

When you wish your cruise control worked........

My girl would drive the jeep more if it did. Keep the miles of the expen$ive new Honda Pilot she just bought.....
My cruise has got me a ticket. Cuz it goes whatever speed it wants
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #994
leechris
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtackerman28

My cruise has got me a ticket. Cuz it goes whatever speed it wants
Same here my cruise doesn't have a setting it's just hammer down
leechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #995
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
I'm pretty sure the gas alone for my ZJ runs more than my payment for my wife's 2012 Cruze and the gas it uses.
My wife drives 3 blocks a day. Use more gas warming her truck up than driving it. I used to have a diesel Beetle that got around 50, loved that thing except when you get that good of mpg you find yourself driving places simply because it's cheep. Not really a beetle guy but that was an awesome car.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #996
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
You hear a clanking noise and check every part of your suspension for two days and grease every zerk only to realize that's it's your multiple tool boxes in the back making the noise over bumps.
Driving me nuts
I have been thinking I should take all the tools and other stuff all out of the back, cuz I can't find the rattle in the back , but still think its the brakes cuz it doesn't rattle when I'm on the (new) breaks.I have checked every thing I can think of ,still can't find it.

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #997
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

My rattle comes from the hatch door.. it's pretty loud but I keep neglecting it so I don't have to dig further and find something else to repair...
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #998
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72
My rattle comes from the hatch door.. it's pretty loud but I keep neglecting it so I don't have to dig further and find something else to repair...
Its probably those 2 bumpers on the hatch.
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #999
TonyMontana
1995 ZJ 

You know you drive a ZJ when:

-You're out driving at night and always curse at the headlights because they are the worst headlights you ever dealt with in your life.
-Paint oxidation/clearcoat peeling is nothing new for you (thank you Chrysler and your cheap methods of painting cars)
-You consider spray painting your ZJ because of the paint issues
-The VIC gets on your nerves
-You want to rip out the VIC and run over it for being so annoying
-The VIC beep gets stuck in your head and you hear it at random times but it's really just in your head
-You love your engine, but hate your transmission
-(I6 only) You recognize a ZJ by the loud alternator noise and idle
-You know a Jeep has the I6 by the way it idles.
-You get jealous of the people with a Limited when you drive a Laredo with gray body cladding
-You start blaming the VIC for the cause of half of the electrical issues you end up getting
-You still see your car around even though it's 15+ years old
-People somehow think your car is still being made, even though it's 15+ years old
-You get fed up with the issues the ZJ has at times that you consider selling it, only to suck it up and fix it because you look on craiglist for similar cars and realize you won't get more than $1000 for it.
-You fix the ZJ and it behaves, remember the issues it once had and as a joke look at other ZJs on craigslist only to see them in worse condition than yours for $3000 and get mad because at the time you were frustrated they were worth $1000.
-Gas prices and the seasons control the value of your ZJ (word of advice, buy a ZJ in the summer, sell in the winter)
-You see a ZJ in the same exact configuration as yours and daydream of swapping it with yours or getting parts from the other ZJ
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #1000
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

woohoo, 1000 comments
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #1001
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie

When you wish your cruise control worked........

My girl would drive the jeep more if it did. Keep the miles of the expen$ive new Honda Pilot she just bought.....
x2, I kinda press the buttons in hopes that it will decide to work one day
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #1002
Muddy_TSi
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
You know you drive a ZJ when:

-You're out driving at night and always curse at the headlights because they are the worst headlights you ever dealt with in your life.
-Paint oxidation/clearcoat peeling is nothing new for you (thank you Chrysler and your cheap methods of painting cars)
-You consider spray painting your ZJ because of the paint issues
-The VIC gets on your nerves
-You want to rip out the VIC and run over it for being so annoying
-The VIC beep gets stuck in your head and you hear it at random times but it's really just in your head
-You love your engine, but hate your transmission
-(I6 only) You recognize a ZJ by the loud alternator noise and idle
-You know a Jeep has the I6 by the way it idles.
-You get jealous of the people with a Limited when you drive a Laredo with gray body cladding
-You start blaming the VIC for the cause of half of the electrical issues you end up getting
-You still see your car around even though it's 15+ years old
-People somehow think your car is still being made, even though it's 15+ years old
-You get fed up with the issues the ZJ has at times that you consider selling it, only to suck it up and fix it because you look on craiglist for similar cars and realize you won't get more than $1000 for it.
-You fix the ZJ and it behaves, remember the issues it once had and as a joke look at other ZJs on craigslist only to see them in worse condition than yours for $3000 and get mad because at the time you were frustrated they were worth $1000.
-Gas prices and the seasons control the value of your ZJ (word of advice, buy a ZJ in the summer, sell in the winter)
-You see a ZJ in the same exact configuration as yours and daydream of swapping it with yours or getting parts from the other ZJ
"Car"?
I agreed with most of these. good laughs haha. Don't downgrade a Jeep by calling it a car.
Muddy_TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #1003
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy_TSi View Post
"Car"?
I agreed with most of these. good laughs haha. Don't downgrade a Jeep by calling it a car.
Muddy is right, please refer to our ZJs as SUVs
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #1004
Bkuprionas
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72

Muddy is right, please refer to our ZJs as SUVs
Cough... Station wagons.
Bkuprionas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #1005
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkuprionas

Cough... Station wagons.
I hate it when your on a trail and some jack off in a fj or h2 calls it a dodge minivan.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.