you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 666 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-21-2014, 05:30 AM   #9976
96_zj_laredo
1996 ZJ 

You know you drive a zj when you dream that your check engine light comes on and you wake up and are relieved that it was just a dream

Unread 03-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #9977
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_zj_laredo
You know you drive a zj when you dream that your check engine light comes on and you wake up and are relieved that it was just a dream
Not a Zj, but my dads dodge has been doing this thing where if you let off the gas at any speed, it shifts into first. I had a dream last night that I was driving it trying to diagnose it for him and it shifted down to 1st at like 60 and blew the trans.

Back to Zj, I wrecked mine on Wednesday. Hit the back of a newer Durango and pushed the door in about 5". The jeeps damage was a wrinkled license plate and the glass kc lenses. The plate bracket and the mag lite clips that hold it on to the fairlead are both fine. Hammered the plate flat and replaced the lenses with some spares I had laying around. Steel bumpers are awesome.
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #9978
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Finally learned this morning why my mileage was so bad. It involved to teenage a-holes and a hose. They wont be back i think though. Not after me slamming them to the ground and then police come and gave them each 2 $300 tickets! Im 18 but damn kids!
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #9979
westonmason91
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post
Finally learned this morning why my mileage was so bad. It involved to teenage a-holes and a hose. They wont be back i think though. Not after me slamming them to the ground and then police come and gave them each 2 $300 tickets! Im 18 but damn kids!
Locking gas cap cures that problem. 15 bucks at OReilly's.
westonmason91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #9980
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

How do you even siphon gas from a car anymore? Last I looked our Jeeps have an anti-siphon device in the filler neck.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #9981
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
How do you even siphon gas from a car anymore? Last I looked our Jeeps have an anti-siphon device in the filler neck.

Last vehicle I siphoned gas from was a 06 cummins who filled his tank with 93 octane gas. Got lucky with the hose trick, it went straight to the tank.
Unread 03-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #9982
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightluckey

Not a Zj, but my dads dodge has been doing this thing where if you let off the gas at any speed, it shifts into first. I had a dream last night that I was driving it trying to diagnose it for him and it shifted down to 1st at like 60 and blew the trans.

Back to Zj, I wrecked mine on Wednesday. Hit the back of a newer Durango and pushed the door in about 5". The jeeps damage was a wrinkled license plate and the glass kc lenses. The plate bracket and the mag lite clips that hold it on to the fairlead are both fine. Hammered the plate flat and replaced the lenses with some spares I had laying around. Steel bumpers are awesome.
Hinkley? That you?
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #9983
95knight
1998 ZJ 

No tank is really anti-siphon. You just gotta know how to do it like someone else said with a small hose maybe there a whild but you get it.
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #9984
JeepZJStroker
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKARM
When you aim for the water puddles on the edge of the road after a big rain storm and speed up to see how big of a splash you can make.
I do that everytime! Also during summer when the city maintenance opens fire hydrants to flush them and you floor it to go through puddles
JeepZJStroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #9985
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepZJStroker View Post
I do that everytime! Also during summer when the city maintenance opens fire hydrants to flush them and you floor it to go through puddles
I've never seen a hydrant open to be flushed. Must be nice having water.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #9986
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
I've never seen a hydrant open to be flushed. Must be nice having water.
I've seen it once. But there was an impala on its side right next to it
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #9987
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post
Must have been a small diameter hose, I believe all the ZJ's had a rollover ball installed in the filler tube, makes siphoning gas kinda hard. Maybe I'm mistaken....
Unread 03-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #9988
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

You know you drive a ZJ when even the H3 owners agree with your decal. "H3 Recovery Vehicle"
I've pulled out 3 so far, and my ZJ isn't even equipped with recovery hooks, is stock and just has AT tires. And these were on well run trails, not really offroad. Methinks the H3 owners think the baby H is a capable as the real H.
I got a military Hummer stuck once when I was in the Corps, used a 6X to pull it out.
Unread 03-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #9989
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie
You know you drive a ZJ when even the H3 owners agree with your decal. "H3 Recovery Vehicle"
I've pulled out 3 so far, and my ZJ isn't even equipped with recovery hooks, is stock and just has AT tires. And these were on well run trails, not really offroad. Methinks the H3 owners think the baby H is a capable as the real H.
I got a military Hummer stuck once when I was in the Corps, used a 6X to pull it out.
The H3 is very capable, it has impressive approach and departure angles, nearly 10" of ground clearance and can ford 30" of water. It even comes with optional locking rear differential and if you get the Alpha a 300hp v8!
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #9990
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
The H3 is very capable, it has impressive approach and departure angles, nearly 10" of ground clearance and can ford 30" of water. It even comes with optional locking rear differential and if you get the Alpha a 300hp v8!

Those aren't the ones I come across..........

I've seen a couple in Raleigh that seem to be setup really well, they look pretty decent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.