you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 608 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #9106
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
That's definitely a good bit of consumption then. I go through about a 1/4 - 1/2 quart in 6k between changes. Running it harder definitely goes through more, especially in hot weather. A good bit of mine goes through the PCV though (I've got a catch can on it and I end up with a good bit in there if I beat on it during the summer).

Definitely check out your PCV, etc. When my plenum started to go (just a small leak), I was burning a quart in 3 - 4k miles, which dropped dramatically after doing the plenum.
oh wow i thought it was normal for my high miles thanks . shes got 302k miles now and i believe the plenum is in stock condition so thats going to be repaired this winter i should grab a manifold from the j/y and port it before i start the fix

q.q. is there another fix besides the hughes kit that you know of ? im going about this on a budget and im getting close to the red on maintenance for the season

Unread 11-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #9107
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
oh wow i thought it was normal for my high miles thanks . shes got 302k miles now and i believe the plenum is in stock condition so thats going to be repaired this winter i should grab a manifold from the j/y and port it before i start the fix

q.q. is there another fix besides the hughes kit that you know of ? im going about this on a budget and im getting close to the red on maintenance for the season
Poke around ebay and you might find some. You've got almost double the mileage I've got, so burning somewhat more than I do would be fairly normal. However, more than a quart in 3k would be enough to worry me.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #9108
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I wouldn't get a new manifold, get a new plenum plate and a new gasket for it and you should be good to go.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #9109
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Get a manifold and do the kegger mod to it.
Unread 11-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #9110
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

When your P O ed that some one stole your old bent front Axel housing that u were going to scrap....
Stupid scrappers n it was under a pile of other junk metal....
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #9111
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Yeah, those damn scrappers that keep coming by are really starting to piss me off. I'm gonna have to start staying up on Saturday nights with the AR to spook the ****ers.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 02:56 AM   #9112
inline6four9

You know you drive a zj when your dad *****es about all the fixes. My jeep just crapped today all my gauges went off loss power steering, voltage to alt, started over heating. Thinking its time to let her sit to save cash n fix everythinh at once cause im not going tk let my jeep go
inline6four9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 02:57 AM   #9113
inline6four9

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6four9 View Post
You know you drive a zj when your dad *****es about all the fixes. My jeep just crapped today all my gauges went off loss power steering, voltage to alt, started over heating. Thinking its time to let her sit to save cash n fix everythinh at once cause im not going tk let my jeep go
Wad told accessory belt could be the culprit
inline6four9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #9114
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

All of your belt-driven things failed at once? Sounds like a belt to me.

Unread 11-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #9115
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6four9
Either worn belt, needs the tensioner tightened, or the tensioner is bad.
Unread 11-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #9116
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Yeah, those damn scrappers that keep coming by are really starting to piss me off. I'm gonna have to start staying up on Saturday nights with the AR to spook the ****ers.
Damn crack heads that's what they are
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #9117
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Yep. I was constantly chasing them off the mountain at my old house. Another guy had his cat converter Sawzall'd off, parked on the side of the road while they walked down to the Rocky Broad River. Eventually it catches up to the bastards. Couple of years ago in the news in WNC some guy got electrocuted trying to steal a bunch of copper wire or something from a highway light.
Up here in Cleveland (ugh) now you drive through the ghetto on the east side and most of the abandoned houses have "NO COPPER" spray painted on the front to try to keep the scrappers out. Other houses have the aluminum siding stripped off about as high as a cracked can reach.
Makes me glad to live a decent distance from the city!
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #9118
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
It's not crackheads here, it's Mexicans.

Unread 11-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #9119
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
It's not crackheads here, it's Mexicans.
Lol wasn't gonna be the one to say it but yes. Yes it is.
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #9120
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcarpenter
Lol wasn't gonna be the one to say it but yes. Yes it is.
Don't be afraid to call it what it is. Here, vacant homes in Las Vegas will have entire a/c units stolen because they are on a concrete slab on the ground. It's ridiculous.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.