you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 594 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 10-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #8896
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
lol 10 seconds

on snow yeah !
It better snow here in ks this year and snow good so I can laugh at those silly economy cars

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #8897
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
The JK and WK2. That's what makes me think they know what they're doing. I don't know if you realize, but both will outwheel a ZJ stock-for-stock, while offering the same or greater comfort, fuel economy, and performance.

someone needs to find a rental WK2 and wheel it against a ZJ, both stock. I would be surprised if the WK2 performed any better
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #8898
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

put 2 solid axles under it and some moss green paint then i wouldnt have many gripes

but this is one only a mother would love
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #8899
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
someone needs to find a rental WK2 and wheel it against a ZJ, both stock. I would be surprised if the WK2 performed any better
I can guarantee the WK2 would do better. Without pulling the swaybar on a ZJ, it doesn't have much more articulation than the WK2, only the WK2 has more power and can do a lot more with a wheel in the air, whereas the ZJ doesn't even have a method to limit wheel slip. And with Quadra-lift, the WK2 has more ground clearance too.

Plus, 2 more inches of rated fording depth. Just saying.

Here's a novel concept for you: technology improves performance.

My ZJ's lifted and it couldn't do that if I tried. I'd just spin opposite tires and get hung up on my front diff.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #8900
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I can guarantee the WK2 would do better. Without pulling the swaybar on a ZJ, it doesn't have much more articulation than the WK2, only the WK2 has more power and can do a lot more with a wheel in the air, whereas the ZJ doesn't even have a method to limit wheel slip. And with Quadra-lift, the WK2 has more ground clearance too.Plus, 2 more inches of rated fording depth. Just saying.Here's a novel concept for you: technology improves performance.My ZJ's lifted and it couldn't do that if I tried. I'd just spin opposite tires and get hung up on my front diff.
so to compare we cant have lockers discos or a tcase that locks ?

that not fair
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #8901
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC

I can guarantee the WK2 would do better. Without pulling the swaybar on a ZJ, it doesn't have much more articulation than the WK2, only the WK2 has more power and can do a lot more with a wheel in the air, whereas the ZJ doesn't even have a method to limit wheel slip. And with Quadra-lift, the WK2 has more ground clearance too.

Plus, 2 more inches of rated fording depth. Just saying.

Here's a novel concept for you: technology improves performance.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxqL320GSZ0

My ZJ's lifted and it couldn't do that if I tried. I'd just spin opposite tires and get hung up on my front diff.
You need to off road more, I bet your ZJ could do that but not as smoothly as the WK2 trail hawk. I also bet my stock T4R could run that trail.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #8902
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:

A video for you, though

all i have to say is that guy has some serious nuts taking a $40k+ SUV up something like that
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #8903
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio

all i have to say is that guy has some serious nuts taking a $40k+ SUV up something like that
It's a trail hawk I'd be upset if he didn't take it up something like that
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #8904
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
It's a trail hawk I'd be upset if he didn't take it up something like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
He's Australian. They don't even sell the WK2 as 2WD there. Only 4WD. They take 4-wheeling seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
You need to off road more, I bet your ZJ could do that but not as smoothly as the WK2 trail hawk. I also bet my stock T4R could run that trail.
My ZJ would hang up a differential and lose traction on opposite wheels about halfway up and then I'd be stuck. That brake-lock differential is pretty neat stuff.
Quote:
so to compare we cant have lockers discos or a tcase that locks ?

that not fair
The WK2 doesn't have lockers, doesn't have a disconnecting sway bar, and doesn't have a locking t-case. The ZJ does have a locking t-case, so use it to your advantage. Unless you have a V8. Then it sucks for you.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #8905
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
He's Australian. They don't even sell the WK2 as 2WD there. Only 4WD. They take 4-wheeling seriously.

My ZJ would hang up a differential and lose traction on opposite wheels about halfway up and then I'd be stuck. That brake-lock differential is pretty neat stuff.

The WK2 doesn't have lockers, doesn't have a disconnecting sway bar, and doesn't have a locking t-case. The ZJ does have a locking t-case, so use it to your advantage. Unless you have a V8. Then it sucks for you.
96+ 249s do lock in 4lo (and even an early one still has a very strong limited slip). Some ZJs have rear limited slips. Plus, it's not very hard to disconnect the swaybar, even without discos. You'd be surprised how well a ZJ could get up that. I was certainly impressed by some of the things mine got through the first time I wheeled it.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #8906
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

well **** on me for not flying the rice flag

b.l. is close to lock kinda not really but kinda

and my 249 v8 limited slip rear combo locks center

they destroy all who oppose at the lights when theres fluffy stuff and that dont suck at all
Unread 10-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #8907
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
well **** on me for not flying the rice flag

b.l. is close to lock kinda not really but kinda

and my 249 v8 limited slip rear combo locks center

they destroy all who oppose at the lights when theres fluffy stuff and that dont suck at all
Have you actually raced someone at a light? How do you always win? Are you sure you have a zj? If so is it on a bottle? You can come race the STIs and civics and camaros that race here after 11. There's also a badass eclipse gtx here that will blow your doors off. Unno how they race lights in Iowa but I think a lot of people are ****ty at it or not actually racing because I ticket isn't worth racing a brick on wheels
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:01 AM   #8908
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Have you actually raced someone at a light? How do you always win? Are you sure you have a zj? If so is it on a bottle? You can come race the STIs and civics and camaros that race here after 11. There's also a badass eclipse gtx here that will blow your doors off. Unno how they race lights in Iowa but I think a lot of people are ****ty at it or not actually racing because I ticket isn't worth racing a brick on wheels
uhhhh yeah ill say it

a zj like described would annihilate a camaro on snow

and its not a brick you ...
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #8909
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

uhhhh yeah ill say it

a zj like described would annihilate a camaro on snow

and its not a brick you ...
Not if the guy knew how to drive in snow. We talking feet or a couple inches on a road
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #8910
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

well there seems to be a lot of self deprecating zj owners on here

you guys need some pride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.