you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 593 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #8881
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGlaser View Post
Saw a guy comment on Jeeps Facebook page where he said he cant wait to buy a new cherokee
A fool and his money soon part....

__________________
'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
Maine1994ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #8882
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez View Post
Guy next door to me has a 12 3.7L mustang with a borla exhaust. I hear him bumping his factory radio everyday coming home. So I cranked my $2400 JL on him, he turns it down. I ask him to race, he says he doesn't wanna push his car that hard. *****. I have a 17yr old Jeep and i know for a fact I can outrun him. On the 96-99? Chevys with the 5.7, I embarrass them daily. One tried to cut my off leaving work, I knew he was gonna stomp the gas at the light, I stomped it and left him. get the hell behind me. ZJ owns the road. Every light is a race. Ive even beat a duramax....03ish model from 30-80. I'm rocking the cherry bomb with a niner tip...it's such a nice combo.
The newer V6 Mustangs (2011+) aren't slow by any means. Sorry, but unless he can't drive, there's not a chance in hell your ZJ is faster than one. Hell, I'd have a tough timing hanging with one to 60 in my cammed niner and I'd get smoked in the 1/4.

The attitude around here of "ZJs are great racecars guyz, I can outrun everyone in street races" is starting to annoy me, especially considering that my (notably faster than stock) niner runs high 14s in the 1/4 and will get to 60 in about 6 seconds, which is slow enough to get beaten by a shiny new V6 Camry with good tires and a good driver. I'm pretty sure most of the cars that got "smoked" by a ZJ weren't really racing, or they were bone stock mid 90s Civics. Especially the ones 4.0s claim to be outrunning. A 4.0 ZJ has a 9.5+ second 0-60. You can outrun a Civic Hybrid. Oh boy. And for the record, I'm not a cranky old guy, I'm still in college, so I'm not much older (if any) than most of the people here.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #8883
JeepNicholson
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Burbank, OH
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post

The newer V6 Mustangs (2011+) aren't slow by any means. Sorry, but unless he can't drive, there's not a chance in hell your ZJ is faster than one. Hell, I'd have a tough timing hanging with one to 60 in my cammed niner and I'd get smoked in the 1/4.

The attitude around here of "ZJs are great racecars guyz, I can outrun everyone in street races" is starting to annoy me, especially considering that my (notably faster than stock) niner runs high 14s in the 1/4 and will get to 60 in about 6 seconds, which is slow enough to get beaten by a shiny new V6 Camry with good tires and a good driver. I'm pretty sure most of the cars that got "smoked" by a ZJ weren't really racing, or they were bone stock mid 90s Civics. Especially the ones 4.0s claim to be outrunning. A 4.0 ZJ has a 9.5+ second 0-60. You can outrun a Civic Hybrid. Oh boy. And for the record, I'm not a cranky old guy, I'm still in college, so I'm not much older (if any) than most of the people here.
Totally agree. You've restored my faith in the younger generation. I thought this was a wheeling forum!
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #8884
PHARIS88
Member
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fairview / Allen, TEXAS
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGlaser

Saw a guy comment on Jeeps Facebook page where he said he cant wait to buy a new cherokee
I was looking at a video on YouTube and I got bashed for NOT liking the new Cherokee lol
__________________
Anybody can be become an American, you have to be BORN TEXAN!

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #8885
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville, Kansas
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

It has nothing to do with how many camshafts an engine has. For example, the Ford F-150 EcoBoost V6TT is a DOHC that generates peak torque at 2500rpm, compared to the rest of the market, that all peak above 3000. The EcoBoost and the two Japanese trucks are the only DOHC trucks currently. Hell, the JK's got a DOHC V6 that peaks at 4200, with torque coming online at just off idle.
Have you seen the electric drag cars?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #8886
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville, Kansas
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post

The newer V6 Mustangs (2011+) aren't slow by any means. Sorry, but unless he can't drive, there's not a chance in hell your ZJ is faster than one. Hell, I'd have a tough timing hanging with one to 60 in my cammed niner and I'd get smoked in the 1/4.

The attitude around here of "ZJs are great racecars guyz, I can outrun everyone in street races" is starting to annoy me, especially considering that my (notably faster than stock) niner runs high 14s in the 1/4 and will get to 60 in about 6 seconds, which is slow enough to get beaten by a shiny new V6 Camry with good tires and a good driver. I'm pretty sure most of the cars that got "smoked" by a ZJ weren't really racing, or they were bone stock mid 90s Civics. Especially the ones 4.0s claim to be outrunning. A 4.0 ZJ has a 9.5+ second 0-60. You can outrun a Civic Hybrid. Oh boy. And for the record, I'm not a cranky old guy, I'm still in college, so I'm not much older (if any) than most of the people here.
My 4.0 gets to 60 faster then 9 seconds
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #8887
comptiger5000
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stamford, CT / Rochester, NY
Posts: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
My 4.0 gets to 60 faster then 9 seconds
You might see around 9 flat or just under (which is still slow as hell) in an early ZJ with not a lot of options and no extra weight added. Most ZJs will be over 9 seconds to 60 with a 4.0, however.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #8888
CGlaser
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, Kansas
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

My 4.0 gets to 60 faster then 9 seconds
There is no way in hell my 4.0 gets to it in nine seconds.. 9 minutes maybe
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-zj-slow-build-1484672/
CGlaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #8889
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville, Kansas
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGlaser View Post

There is no way in hell my 4.0 gets to it in nine seconds.. 9 minutes maybe
Mines stock
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #8890
CGlaser
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, Kansas
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Mines stock
Mine isnt lol
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-zj-slow-build-1484672/
CGlaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #8891
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post




numbers and **** arent everything because dyno numbers are made on the dyno not the street

and what the hell makes you think jeep has a clue as to what theyr doing lately anyways
The JK and WK2. That's what makes me think they know what they're doing. I don't know if you realize, but both will outwheel a ZJ stock-for-stock, while offering the same or greater comfort, fuel economy, and performance.

I'll say this: a 5.2l ZJ makes 225hp. A 3.6l JK makes 285hp. The difference in weight is a couple hundred pounds. You do the math there.

I'm pretty tired of all this "my Jeep is so fast" bull****. It's a 20-year-old Jeep. It makes 0-60 in 10 seconds. My grandma's 1.6l midsize sedan is 4 seconds faster. If you're beating ricers light to light it's because you're racing morons, or they're not racing you and either way you're just being a noisy hoon.
__________________
1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #8892
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,984
i said he underestimate me is what i said

so yeah he was a moron

and ifs with a boy racer paint scheme is not cool you cant make me think so even with an 8 speed
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #8893
cgcarpenter
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: west covina, Ca
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
The JK and WK2. That's what makes me think they know what they're doing. I don't know if you realize, but both will outwheel a ZJ stock-for-stock, while offering the same or greater comfort, fuel economy, and performance. I'll say this: a 5.2l ZJ makes 225hp. A 3.6l JK makes 285hp. The difference in weight is a couple hundred pounds. You do the math there. I'm pretty tired of all this "my Jeep is so fast" bull****. It's a 20-year-old Jeep. It makes 0-60 in 10 seconds. My grandma's 1.6l midsize sedan is 4 seconds faster. If you're beating ricers light to light it's because you're racing morons, or they're not racing you and either way you're just being a noisy hoon.
Thank you.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #8894
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville, Kansas
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post

The JK and WK2. That's what makes me think they know what they're doing. I don't know if you realize, but both will outwheel a ZJ stock-for-stock, while offering the same or greater comfort, fuel economy, and performance.

I'll say this: a 5.2l ZJ makes 225hp. A 3.6l JK makes 285hp. The difference in weight is a couple hundred pounds. You do the math there.

I'm pretty tired of all this "my Jeep is so fast" bull****. It's a 20-year-old Jeep. It makes 0-60 in 10 seconds. My grandma's 1.6l midsize sedan is 4 seconds faster. If you're beating ricers light to light it's because you're racing morons, or they're not racing you and either way you're just being a noisy hoon.
Unless your zjs stroked and supercharged with some badass performance parts
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #8895
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,984
lol 10 seconds

on snow yeah !
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.