you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 590 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring Harness

Unread 10-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #8836
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparlover1992
YKYDAZJ when you hear the song 'I hold on' by Dierks Bentley and the first part about his old pickup reminds you of your feelings towards your zj lol Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using JeepForum
I think about that every time I hear it .

Unread 10-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #8837
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

When you hear a weird squealing/squeaking noise while driving down the road and pray it isn't your zj AGAIN.. Stupid beat up cars driving beside me..
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #8838
akgrubbs

when you got t-boned going 60. roll it back over, hook the battery back up, turn the key and it not only starts but drives
akgrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #8839
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgrubbs View Post
when you got t-boned going 60. roll it back over, hook the battery back up, turn the key and it not only starts but drives
Sounds like you had an interesting day, to say the least...
You didn't mention how YOU were doing afterward..... Okay, I hope!!
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #8840
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post

Sounds like you had an interesting day, to say the least...
You didn't mention how YOU were doing afterward..... Okay, I hope!!
He's bsing he gets tboned doing 60 flips and is OK enough to flip it over and start it blah blah. Also like the cops going to let him drive it home? Bent frame for sure broken windshield for sure.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #8841
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Yeah, it's BS. The unit frame would be tweaked to hell. That Jeep would never drive again.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #8842
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

My buddy rolled a wagoneer 4 times down a hill 12 hrs from home roof crushed in no window so he buys a bug screen tapes it to where the windshield was and drives back to pg like that true story Lol.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #8843
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
My buddy rolled a wagoneer 4 times down a hill 12 hrs from home roof crushed in no window so he buys a bug screen tapes it to where the windshield was and drives back to pg like that true story Lol.
Buddy of mine rolled his TJ six times on the highway. Frame wasn't bent, windshield was perfect. He, however, was in hospital for about two weeks, and has never really been the same since.
It would have kept rolling, but a lamp post stopped him. Yes, I realize it's not the same as a ZJ but amazing, still.
Lol gotta love all these long distance diagnoses
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #8844
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbat View Post
Never have had a mechanical problem, choose to put the new suspension in it. Bought 2k put in 1.5k

Attachment 779098

Leather is even still moist

1 owner / garage kept since birth / only driven on weekends = perfect ZJ
Lol @ moist leather. Is that really from jeep quality?

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #8845
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
The difference between an SJ and a ZJ is in the structure. The SJ is a body-on-frame vehicle. You could rip the body entirely off and the vehicle would be structurally sound to drive. The ZJ is a unibody vehicle. The roof is just as much part of the structure as the rails underneath, and everything in between. If it was t-boned at that speed, the frame rails would be bent in and the Jeep's structure would resemble a banana laying on its side.

That ZJ would never drive again.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #8846
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
The difference between an SJ and a ZJ is in the structure. The SJ is a body-on-frame vehicle. You could rip the body entirely off and the vehicle would be structurally sound to drive. The ZJ is a unibody vehicle. The roof is just as much part of the structure as the rails underneath, and everything in between. If it was t-boned at that speed, the frame rails would be bent in and the Jeep's structure would resemble a banana laying on its side.

Yes I know zj is a unibody and wagoneer is a framed jeep. Lol I wasnt born yesterday haha. Ive been under my jeep many times.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #8847
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

Depending on the height of the hit, I wouldn't say it would never drive again, but it would certainly be royally ****ed. It might be capable of making one final limp home though.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #8848
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

You sure run your mouth a lot, I have seen plenty of vehicles in car crashes even ones with twisted frames that can still move under their own power.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #8849
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie
You sure run your mouth a lot, I have seen plenty of vehicles in car crashes even ones with twisted frames that can still move under their own power.
My grandmas grand marquis is totaled and it moved under its on power a few feet...with me pushing it hard.

I'd post a picture but my photo is always too large.
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #8850
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

it all depends on the crash
IMO theres no definitive "this car will be able to drive after a crash because ___"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.