you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 578 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #8656
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post

im sure 3.55's and a 4.0 have nothing to do with your grampa type driving right ?

lol

3.73's and a 5.2/5.9 change things a little even if you are ''advanced'' in age

you know you drive a zj when even fellow jeepers dont get it

sr22!
Nope, didn't drive my old 5.9 Ram like that either, or any other vehicle I've had (see exception below), regardless of the power.
I've lost too many friends because they or someone else thought that driving like an idiot was a good idea, or because a deer decided to cross the road at the wrong moment.
Driving a car that was meant to go fast 100+ mph on public roads is a bad idea, doubly so for a Jeep. That's what tracks are for.

When I lived in Germany, though, had no problem doing that and more, but then again their roads are actually well maintained, clean, and people there don't drive like idiots. (Interesting note - anyone can take a lap on the Nurburgring for a few Euros in any car)

Why do you think "grandpa" is still alive?

JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #8657
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson
While I believe that a ZJ can go pretty fast, personally I see no reason to do so. I'd rather keep both my Jeep and my head intact. Probably why insurance is so expensive for you youngsters!
My insurance is like $120 a month...not bad at all. I've never been pulled for speeding. $300 valentine one radar detector ftw.
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #8658
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
Nope, didn't drive my old 5.9 Ram like that either, or any other vehicle I've had (see exception below), regardless of the power.
I've lost too many friends because they or someone else thought that driving like an idiot was a good idea.
Driving a car that was meant to go fast 100+ mph on public roads is a bad idea, doubly so for a Jeep. That's what tracks are for.

When I lived in Germany, though, had no problem doing that and more, but then again their roads are actually well maintained, clean, and people there don't drive like idiots. (Interesting note - anyone can take a lap on the Nurburgring for a few Euros in any car)

Why do you think "grandpa" is still alive?
sorry about your friends that really sucks

BUT !

being overly cautious to the point of being dangerous to others is one way to still be alive in a darwinian kinda way i guess

you do know you are driving the original quick and capable suv though right and not everyone who goes 100 does it with no sways and one headlight out ffs '' aeww jaminy is the awnly place for proper motoring '' say it in a posh british accent

around here most do 90+ interstate btw
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #8659
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

BUT !

being overly cautious to the point of being dangerous to others is one way to still be alive in a darwinian kinda way i guess

you do know you are driving the original quick and capable suv though right and not everyone who goes 100 does it with no sways and one headlight out ffs '' aeww jaminy is the awnly place for proper motoring '' say it in a posh british accent

around here most do 90+ interstate btw

He is still right, its reckless and incredibly unsafe to drive that fast on majority of US roads. Speed limits are in effect for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #8660
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

BUT !

Not sure how staying closer to the speed limit qualifies as being "overly cautious to the point of being dangerous to others".
If the speed limit was dangerous to others, they'd change it.
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #8661
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez View Post

My insurance is like $120 a month...not bad at all. I've never been pulled for speeding. $300 valentine one radar detector ftw.
Lol my fancy full coverage insurance is less than half that amount, with two vehicles and drivers covered!
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #8662
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

i mean socially responsible bs post that isnt going to give anyone the urge to drive fast

gd pc crap
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #8663
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

YKYDAZJW - You drive 148 miles to Columbiana, Ohio for the 4WD Jeep Jamboree, beat on it for 3 hours, then drive 148 miles back home without breaking anything and putting lifted Wranglers to shame.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #8664
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
i mean socially responsible bs post that isnt going to give anyone the urge to drive fast

gd pc crap
Still makes no sense bro.

YKYDAZJW you spend more on parts than on insurance!
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #8665
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie View Post
When you can still taste seat material in your mouth, two weeks after getting a DW at 100mph.....
Seriously, I'd never drive the ZJ at 100mph, unless I mistakenly went off a cliff, a really high cliff.
Now, the ST? that's another story........that's a machine that's happier when it's in triple digits.
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #8666
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie View Post

Seriously, I'd never drive the ZJ at 100mph
Me either...

I think the scariest thing I've ever had happen to me in a vehicle was getting dw at 75 in my last truck on a bridge getting onto the interstate here in town
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #8667
zRoxxah
1996 ZJ 

When you open your drivers door and it sounds like just rippled it off.

Who's door does this too? I heard the similar "oh-****-sounds-like-titanic-is-sinking-creaking-noise" in a Albertsons parking lot...look over and I see this guy getting into his white limited.

Out doing Jeep things..

Sent from my Nexus S using JeepForum
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #8668
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRoxxah View Post
When you open your drivers door and it sounds like just rippled it off.

Who's door does this too? I heard the similar "oh-****-sounds-like-titanic-is-sinking-creaking-noise" in a Albertsons parking lot...look over and I see this guy getting into his white limited.

Out doing Jeep things..

Sent from my Nexus S using JeepForum
Mine did up until a few months ago when I put new hinge pins & bushings in it.
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #8669
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson
Lol my fancy full coverage insurance is less than half that amount, with two vehicles and drivers covered!
Are you 18?
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #8670
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
While I believe that a ZJ can go pretty fast, personally I see no reason to do so. I'd rather keep both my Jeep and my head intact. Probably why insurance is so expensive for you youngsters!
If I took the time to put a bunch of engine mods and lower it a tad with good suspension id go 100+
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.