you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 567 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #8491
Scopez
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio

yeah im gonna put my old injectors back in and see. Gotta wait til next weekend though because I lost one of the old injectors and the only yard that has any 95s wont let you in unless your 18, so I have to go with my dad
I got 2 stock 96 injectors in my closet. They look like hell though. My old ones. Figured I keep spares.

__________________
94 ZJ Laredo. 5.2 Crate engine. 6in JKS SA Lift. 33in Destination MTs. ARB Front Bumper.
Scopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #8492
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez View Post
I got 2 stock 96 injectors in my closet. They look like hell though. My old ones. Figured I keep spares.
95 injectors had different flow numbers than 93-94 and 96-98
__________________
Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #8493
BigEag205
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scott Depot, WV
Posts: 123
the fact this thread has moved from funny "hey, I've been there"s, "ha, done that"s and "god i hope that doesnt happen to mine *2 days later* knew i shouldn't have read that"s to trouble shooting questions < ...

It's turned into less laughs and more frowns from searching for the posts on topic
BigEag205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #8494
Scopez
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio

95 injectors had different flow numbers than 93-94 and 96-98
Ah, I didn't know if it was the computer choosing the different flow numbers. Figured all injectors had the same part number. Guess I was wrong.
__________________
94 ZJ Laredo. 5.2 Crate engine. 6in JKS SA Lift. 33in Destination MTs. ARB Front Bumper.
Scopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #8495
cgcarpenter
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: west covina, Ca
Posts: 638
After two years of owning this thing I finally got a wave from a faded lemon yellow lifted yj. Kinda shocked me.

Most SoCal jeeps are mall crawlers so I don't expect to much.
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #8496
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcarpenter View Post
After two years of owning this thing I finally got a wave from a faded lemon yellow lifted yj. Kinda shocked me.

Most SoCal jeeps are mall crawlers so I don't expect to much.
After 2 years of driving our lifted ZJs, I just give Wrangler owners the bird. They NEVER wave to me anyway, so they never even notice!!!

Unless I'm driving my wife's YJ. THEN those ****ers will wave....

In Maine, most 4x4s(doesn't matter Chevy, Ford, Jeep, Hummer Land Rover, etc.), lifted or not, are Pavement Princesses....

Not mine.... Weezy's a badass rock climbin', mud slingin', terrain conquering beeotch!

Her nickname is "The Mountain Goat" for a good reason!!!!
__________________
'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
Maine1994ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #8497
greenear
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: boise, idaho
Posts: 7
You know that you drive a ZJ when you read way to many pages of this thread expounding on the horrors that lurk in the future of GC ownership, get in the Meep Meep the next morning and head down the road only to notice that there is some new and sinister noise emanating from the back wheels. You convince yourself that something BAD has happened, start calculating repair cost for some unknown problem (trust me, "unknown" thus unknowable math is the only kind I know), figuring out how to tell the wife of this sad malady that has befallen her new favorite ride and generally railing at the universe for the so unfair treatment you have received when the pavement changes and the Harbinger Wail of Doom, more of a whispering buzz really, abruptly vanishes. While the relief is palpable this experience leaves you with a deep seated knowledge that this is going to be a long ride. I could swear I can still hear a "beep, beep".....
greenear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #8498
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post

After 2 years of driving our lifted ZJs, I just give Wrangler owners the bird. They NEVER wave to me anyway, so they never even notice!!!

Unless I'm driving my wife's YJ. THEN those ****ers will wave....

In Maine, most 4x4s(doesn't matter Chevy, Ford, Jeep, Hummer Land Rover, etc.), lifted or not, are Pavement Princesses....

Not mine.... Weezy's a badass rock climbin', mud slingin', terrain conquering beeotch!

Her nickname is "The Mountain Goat" for a good reason!!!!
Cut your doors off and slap a jeep club Decal on it. After I did those two things almost every Jeep waves to me.
__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #8499
Y0ungGunZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgcarpenter View Post
After two years of owning this thing I finally got a wave from a faded lemon yellow lifted yj. Kinda shocked me.

Most SoCal jeeps are mall crawlers so I don't expect to much.
haha I know this feeling especially all these d*** JKs. I had a TJ wave which was shocking kind made my day haha. then when the Xj guys wave they know how it is. gotta find some other unibody guys
__________________
_______._____. << ----Mine------____.____.
//_|__l__,\____\,___------Dads>> /l __,[____],_
l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #8500
V65Ozzie
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wilson, nc
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin600 View Post
Then I run out of gears, and he creeps past...

Don't know what Civics are like in the US, but they're pretty nippy in UK spec. my 4.0 would have no chance against an EK9

We don't have niners here in the UK either only 5.2
Pretty much any Euro spec car will run rings around the equivalent US spec vehicle.
I was in England back in the 80's for several weeks, I rented a Rover with a 1.4 motor I believe, I flogged that thing from one end of the country to the other, never missed a beat. Waved at the cops when I flew by them, never once got pulled over. Just before I turned it in a couple of yobbo's mugged me. I just about had them beat when one of them stuck a screwdriver in my head. They stole the car, I spent a night in the hospital. Rental company got it back, less the hubcaps and antenna, which for some weird reason weren't covered under the insurance, I had to pay for them. They caught one of the guys when he walked into a bank and tried to use my savings account book to empty my account(it was in the glove box, and the account was already closed) I think he got 10 years.
__________________
My ZJ has traction control, I call it my right foot.....
V65Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #8501
cgcarpenter
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: west covina, Ca
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Ozzie

Pretty much any Euro spec car will run rings around the equivalent US spec vehicle.
I was in England back in the 80's for several weeks, I rented a Rover with a 1.4 motor I believe, I flogged that thing from one end of the country to the other, never missed a beat. Waved at the cops when I flew by them, never once got pulled over. Just before I turned it in a couple of yobbo's mugged me. I just about had them beat when one of them stuck a screwdriver in my head. They stole the car, I spent a night in the hospital. Rental company got it back, less the hubcaps and antenna, which for some weird reason weren't covered under the insurance, I had to pay for them. They caught one of the guys when he walked into a bank and tried to use my savings account book to empty my account(it was in the glove box, and the account was already closed) I think he got 10 years.
Well that escalated quickly.
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #8502
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach, fl
Posts: 1,614
When you get all excited like a lil boy cuz you got to chat with another Zj (built Zj that is) at the gas station! Nicest one I've seen around here. Prob only about 3 with lifts I've seen.
__________________
5.2 crate - fourwheelcustoms 2.25 BB - 31x10.50 BFG at-ko's 249/242 swap - front drive shaft upgrade by driveshaftspecialistincorporated - jcr off-road front bumper - engo 12k lbs winch......
AnotherRedZj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #8503
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville, Kansas
Posts: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedZj View Post
When you get all excited like a lil boy cuz you got to chat with another Zj (built Zj that is) at the gas station! Nicest one I've seen around here. Prob only about 3 with lifts I've seen.
I only seen one and it was murdered out with Rockstar rims :/. hell I see porsches, bentlys lambos and **** more then I see lifted zjs. An I live in a small town lol lots of zjs non lifted lots of xjs tjs cjs but no zj love :/
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #8504
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,989
ive seen 2 1 big 6.5 or more

and a 3.5 with c/a's

and mine when i have it jacked up lol it looks soo cool 10'' higher !
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/its-jeep-grand-cherokee-you-1443132/#post14516738
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #8505
JeepNicholson
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Burbank, OH
Posts: 755
When you wake up, go outside, and start working on it before the bacon is even done.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.