you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 541 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #8101 of 10763 Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 PM
jeepmojo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Roseville
Posts: 362
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba View Post
YKYDAZJW you rebuild transmission...during reinstall, the housing breaks.

luckily, my redneck ingenuity kicked in. $2000 repair/replace cost me $7.89 =)

Attachment 647330

JB Weld!?!? Nice!!!


Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys a Jeep. And I ain't ever seen a sad person in a Jeep!!
jeepmojo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8102 of 10763 Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 PM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
My family are probably changing insurance providers next month (after a long run with Progressive Mutual. Not knocking Progressive. They have excellent claims service and they're awesome if you're buying full coverage or you get into an accident. They're just expensive) so we can get the GMC, Jeep, 240, and Fusion covered for about $340/mo. Full coverage on the Fusion because it's financed, liability on the rest, because all of that's worth very little. As undersigned drivers on my grandma's policy, my dad and I are able to get by. (We all live in the same house)

In Texas, there's like 36% uninsured, and a really high accident rate, with a ridiculously high fatality rate, so insurance is super expensive down here.

By the by, any provider will do full coverage on just about anything down here, regardless of age. Just, older vehicles will likely be totaled by insurance, instead of repaired. Once a car's 25, though, it qualifies for classic insurance, though most classic insurers won't cover a car that's under 4 grand.

You know you drive a ZJ when you're filling out information on it to get an insurance quote and you waffle around on the "is the vehicle modified" checkbox, because you're not sure if a budget boost really counts.
I grew up in New Mexico, I feel ya on the insurance thing there. I lived Jus outside an Indian reservation so the uninsured is high as hell too! Uninsured motorist is required by law!

And a BB don't count, its more like an option.....its "oversized offroad tires!" When your on Kbb!

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #8103 of 10763 Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmojo View Post

JB Weld!?!? Nice!!!
**** works great!! I recommend it over everything
4LBlackMamba is offline  
post #8104 of 10763 Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 PM
MyKeyB
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedZj View Post

I lived Jus outside an Indian reservation so the uninsured is high as hell too! Uninsured motorist is required by law!
You are aware uninsured motorist is if you let an uninsured motorist drive your vehicle and they have an accident? Ask me how I know. Found out the hard way. Lol. I got hit by an unisured motorist.

Rust never sleeps...
MyKeyB is offline  
post #8105 of 10763 Old 07-18-2013, 05:13 AM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyB View Post

You are aware uninsured motorist is if you let an uninsured motorist drive your vehicle and they have an accident? Ask me how I know. Found out the hard way. Lol. I got hit by an unisured motorist.
Out there was to cover you from an uninsured motorist, as long as you have permission to drive someone's car their insurance will cover you. You don't need to be on a policy.

N.M. is all kinds of whack.

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #8106 of 10763 Old 07-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Area11
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedZj View Post

Out there was to cover you from an uninsured motorist, as long as you have permission to drive someone's car their insurance will cover you. You don't need to be on a policy.

N.M. is all kinds of whack.
That is, unless said uninsured person lives in your household.
Area11 is offline  
post #8107 of 10763 Old 07-18-2013, 11:13 AM
StridAst
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Clearfield
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyB View Post

You are aware uninsured motorist is if you let an uninsured motorist drive your vehicle and they have an accident? Ask me how I know. Found out the hard way. Lol. I got hit by an unisured motorist.
Here in utah the law requires the car itself to be insured. Not the driver of the car. Here uninsured coverage most definately protects you if an uninsured driver hits you (also found out from experience)
StridAst is offline  
post #8108 of 10763 Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by StridAst View Post
Here in utah the law requires the car itself to be insured. Not the driver of the car. Here uninsured coverage most definately protects you if an uninsured driver hits you (also found out from experience)
Here in Texas the car and the driver both have to be covered. That is, if you have 3 drivers and one car, your policy is higher than 1 driver, one car, but if you have 1 driver and 3 cars, the policy is, again, higher. So imagine 3 drivers, 4 cars. Plus Texas' premiums.

And it's strange that it should be that way. I can only drive one car at a time, and I'm paying for insurance; you'd think the insurance would follow me, but no, it only counts for cars I've insured, and only if one of the insured drivers on the policy is driving it. It's a damn conspiracy.

1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

FUEL ECONOMY IS FOR LOSERS
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
post #8109 of 10763 Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 PM
MTBlue
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC

Here in Texas the car and the driver both have to be covered. That is, if you have 3 drivers and one car, your policy is higher than 1 driver, one car, but if you have 1 driver and 3 cars, the policy is, again, higher. So imagine 3 drivers, 4 cars. Plus Texas' premiums.

And it's strange that it should be that way. I can only drive one car at a time, and I'm paying for insurance; you'd think the insurance would follow me, but no, it only counts for cars I've insured, and only if one of the insured drivers on the policy is driving it. It's a damn conspiracy.
Here in Montana... We have no insurance laws. We don't even have running water, indoor plumbing, or that new-fangled electricity stuff I hear tell of! I don't even understand what I'm doing with this black box thingy!

Dirt Deprived
MTBlue is offline  
post #8110 of 10763 Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post

Here in Montana... We have no insurance laws. We don't even have running water, indoor plumbing, or that new-fangled electricity stuff I hear tell of! I don't even understand what I'm doing with this black box thingy!
in MD, each vehicle has to be insured. and in order for someone to "legally" drive the vehicle, the insurance company has to be notified that said person is driving that vehicle. not really enforced though lol
4LBlackMamba is offline  
post #8111 of 10763 Old 07-19-2013, 08:12 AM
zj97ltd
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cape Coral
Posts: 1,078
You know you drive a ZJ when you can't afford to do anything but compare your state's insurance laws with others.
zj97ltd is offline  
post #8112 of 10763 Old 07-19-2013, 08:21 AM
smccloud
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Becker, MN
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj97ltd View Post
You know you drive a ZJ when you can't afford to do anything but compare your state's insurance laws with others.
Hey, I bought a 3/4" & 13/16" 1/2" drive sockets & a 5" 1/2" drive extension Wednesday night. Now I just have to find my torque wrench again so I can re-torque my lug nuts....
smccloud is offline  
post #8113 of 10763 Old 07-19-2013, 08:25 AM
zj97ltd
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cape Coral
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
Hey, I bought a 3/4" & 13/16" 1/2" drive sockets & a 5" 1/2" drive extension Wednesday night. Now I just have to find my torque wrench again so I can re-torque my lug nuts....
Dang on a Wednesday too, that's not even pay day.
zj97ltd is offline  
post #8114 of 10763 Old 07-19-2013, 08:31 AM
smccloud
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Becker, MN
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj97ltd View Post
Dang on a Wednesday too, that's not even pay day.
Was only $15 at Northern Tool though. And its right in the middle of my "pay days". I get my pay stub on Wednesdays but my direct deposit doesn't go through until Thursdays.
smccloud is offline  
post #8115 of 10763 Old 07-19-2013, 08:43 PM
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,713
You know you drive a ZJ when you imagine all the stuff you're gonna do to it when money comes around, to keep you from setting yourself on fire working on your other car, stuck between that car and teh ZJ.

Changed the 240's fuel injectors today. That car runs so much better now, but it was a pain changing them because the 240 sits behind the ZJ on my driveway. Two cars in a row does not a lot of room make.

1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

FUEL ECONOMY IS FOR LOSERS
SchizophrenicMC is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome