you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 540 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Reply
Unread 07-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #8086
CareyKimber
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mannford, Ok
Posts: 143
I bagged my 97 ZJ for $800 and pay $36 for liability ..I never even considered full coverage Ill probably look into it..lol

__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kimber-zj-build-1626817/
CareyKimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #8087
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 746
My last insurance agent told me full coverage wasn't an option on a vehicle over 10 years old unless I went with a classic car policy... Was he full of poop, or are some companies like that?
Not that I could afford full coverage anyway.....
__________________
'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
Maine1994ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #8088
CGlaser
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, Kansas
Posts: 308
If my parents were listed on the ZJ with me (im 19). I priced liability at a little over 300 a month for me
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-zj-slow-build-1484672/
CGlaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #8089
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,101
sr22 :broke:
__________________
97 orvis stock engine/trans 308,000 miles as of 10/13/2014
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #8090
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy
 
riot1987's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lakewood, COLORADO
Posts: 3,647
When it rains and there's an inch of water on your driver side floor
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/riots-97-grand-1436100/

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #8091
txbass06
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texarkana, Texas
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ View Post
My last insurance agent told me full coverage wasn't an option on a vehicle over 10 years old unless I went with a classic car policy... Was he full of poop, or are some companies like that?
Not that I could afford full coverage anyway.....
Some are like that but I've never heard of having to get a policy like that for a 10 year old vehicle. I'm with Farmers and I think their's is 25 years
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #8092
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach, fl
Posts: 1,731
Progressive still covers my 1500 and its 23 yrs old!
__________________
5.2 crate - fourwheelcustoms 2.25 BB - 31x10.50 BFG at-ko's 249/242 swap - front drive shaft upgrade by driveshaftspecialistincorporated - jcr off-road front bumper - engo 12k lbs winch......
AnotherRedZj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #8093
Martin600
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Perth, Tayside
Posts: 75
My insurance on my 4.0 fully covered is about the equivalent of $50USD a month I'm 21.

My insurance and licence are squeaky clean, just like my jeep. (except it's a bit dirty, but it's definitely squeaky)
Martin600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #8094
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 2,583
My family are probably changing insurance providers next month (after a long run with Progressive Mutual. Not knocking Progressive. They have excellent claims service and they're awesome if you're buying full coverage or you get into an accident. They're just expensive) so we can get the GMC, Jeep, 240, and Fusion covered for about $340/mo. Full coverage on the Fusion because it's financed, liability on the rest, because all of that's worth very little. As undersigned drivers on my grandma's policy, my dad and I are able to get by. (We all live in the same house)

In Texas, there's like 36% uninsured, and a really high accident rate, with a ridiculously high fatality rate, so insurance is super expensive down here.

By the by, any provider will do full coverage on just about anything down here, regardless of age. Just, older vehicles will likely be totaled by insurance, instead of repaired. Once a car's 25, though, it qualifies for classic insurance, though most classic insurers won't cover a car that's under 4 grand.

You know you drive a ZJ when you're filling out information on it to get an insurance quote and you waffle around on the "is the vehicle modified" checkbox, because you're not sure if a budget boost really counts.
__________________
1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #8095
smccloud
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Becker, MN
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
My family are probably changing insurance providers next month (after a long run with Progressive Mutual. Not knocking Progressive. They have excellent claims service and they're awesome if you're buying full coverage or you get into an accident. They're just expensive) so we can get the GMC, Jeep, 240, and Fusion covered for about $340/mo. Full coverage on the Fusion because it's financed, liability on the rest, because all of that's worth very little. As undersigned drivers on my grandma's policy, my dad and I are able to get by. (We all live in the same house)

In Texas, there's like 36% uninsured, and a really high accident rate, with a ridiculously high fatality rate, so insurance is super expensive down here.

By the by, any provider will do full coverage on just about anything down here, regardless of age. Just, older vehicles will likely be totaled by insurance, instead of repaired. Once a car's 25, though, it qualifies for classic insurance, though most classic insurers won't cover a car that's under 4 grand.

You know you drive a ZJ when you're filling out information on it to get an insurance quote and you waffle around on the "is the vehicle modified" checkbox, because you're not sure if a budget boost really counts.
Or the running boards you scored for $10 at a swap meet (that was the issue I had).
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #8096
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 272
$145/ month...just for liability... who is losing now? lol...
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #8097
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,484
insurance for me is $35 a month, and i can drive any of my family's cars and be covered. pretty damn good for a 16 year old thats had his license for 3 months.
__________________
Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #8098
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
insurance for me is $35 a month, and i can drive any of my family's cars and be covered. pretty damn good for a 16 year old thats had his license for 3 months.
18, had my license for almost 2 years... I would definitely take $35/ month anyday. trade? lol....
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #8099
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 272
YKYDAZJW you rebuild transmission...during reinstall, the housing breaks.

luckily, my redneck ingenuity kicked in. $2000 repair/replace cost me $7.89 =)

forumrunner_20130717_202652.png
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #8100
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 746
$100/month for liability on 2 ZJs, an XJ, and a YJ with 3 licensed drivers in the house
__________________
'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
Maine1994ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.