you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 533 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #7981
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

When all you wanna do is park it in the garage and stop spending money trying to keep it streetable, but you can't afford another car so you have keep spending the money that you do have to keep your zj running smooth.

It's a viscious cycle man

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #7982
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
you know you drive a zj when you argue that its awesome and everything else is not
can't tell you how many people I get in arguments with that insist that my ZJ is not a "real Jeep"...
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #7983
dakimbrough
1998 ZJ 

98 Jeep BCM

How do you know when to change your BCM?
dakimbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #7984
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba

can't tell you how many people I get in arguments with that insist that my ZJ is not a "real Jeep"...
Everyone doesn't believe that ZJs (5.2s) can beat most vehicles off the line. I've beat an eclipse GT...don't ride my *** then flip me off. I let em see nothing but tail lights.
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #7985
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakimbrough View Post
How do you know when to change your BCM?
when your interior components start going haywire
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #7986
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Not in all conditions. Don't forget that it's a good bit bigger and 1k lbs heavier, which presents a disadvantage in certain conditions. It's much comfier, but it does handle worse due to the extra weight, soft suspension, etc. The WK2 SRT8 is slower and turns in worse skidpad numbers than the WK SRT8, primarily because it's 500+ lbs heavier.
The WK2 certainly does not handle worse than the ZJ. ZJs may have more suspension travel, but the damn beam axle weighs so much and is guided by a primitive 5-link suspension with a recirculating-ball steering system, it can't comprehend handling at all. Too much suspension float, too little steering feedback. I got to drive a WK2 a couple months ago, the thing not only rode nicer, but had more steering feedback and more controlled roll, as well as increased grip. It's no nimble sports car, but to say it handles worse than the ZJ because it's heavier is false. The suspension design accounts for the heavier weight far better than the ZJ's beam axles.

I'll give you that its weight can, in some situations, be a disadvantage off the road. But I dare anyone to pit a stock ZJ against a stock WK2 and see who gets stuck first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez View Post
Everyone doesn't believe that ZJs (5.2s) can beat most vehicles off the line. I've beat an eclipse GT...don't ride my *** then flip me off. I let em see nothing but tail lights.
I was driving around in my 240SX a couple weeks ago and came upon my friend who was driving the 97 Orvis I helped him buy. So we're lined up and I give him a little rev and we go for it. And up until 80, the damn guy was ahead of me! The advantage of a big V8, AWD, and an automatic transmission, over my RWD 2.4 manual in a straight line was clear. It also didn't help that my 240's running about 30hp below the mark right now. Couldn't tell you why, it's just not pushing what it needs to be. Probably a burned out fuel pump.

The point is, V8 ZJs are sleepers. You don't expect them, but if one is let loose upon you, it will give you a run for your money.

By the by, I stand by my remark. Wrangler guys are just full of themselves. XJ guys, on the other hand, are just dumb and bad people. Anyone who can think the XJ is the best thing on the planet has no brain in their skull.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #7987
Muzramp
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez

This! I've had so many riced up civics rev up at stoplights and there face is priceless when they can't keep up
Muzramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #7988
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC

By the by, I stand by my remark. Wrangler guys are just full of themselves. XJ guys, on the other hand, are just dumb and bad people. Anyone who can think the XJ is the best thing on the planet has no brain in their skull.
Nobody that makes a statement like this is a true Jeeper or even has a brain in their skull. Why bash your own kind?
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #7989
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

you know you drive a zj when you walk the line between what is socially acceptable and what isnt

when you modifiy it and no-one gets it but you

when you spend more than $ 2,000 fixing up a $ 500 vehicle and you still have $ 2,000 more ahead of you

when you think its worth it

Unread 07-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #7990
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
Nobody that makes a statement like this is a true Jeeper or even has a brain in their skull. Why bash your own kind?
wrangler guys and ZJ guys are their own breeds
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #7991
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
wrangler guys and ZJ guys are their own breeds
this and the xj guys are kinda both i guess
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #7992
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
The no true Scotsman fallacy arrives and the only person who disagrees with me is an XJ owner.

Kind of self-fulfilling there, ain't we?

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #7993
Afdude88
1993 ZJ 

When the driver window is open and you run the wipers to get the water off and the forward part of the door gets soaked

Dana 35c behind a 242, behind an AW-4, behind a 4.0L Inline Six sitting over a Dana 30, all turning stock 215/75/15 tires and moving a 93 Grand Cherokee to places your truck only dreams of.
Afdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #7994
noodles5124

[QUOTE="Afdude88"]When the driver window is open and you run the wipers to get the water off and the forward part of the door gets soaked

The reason I bought rain guards
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #7995
Martin600
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Far from it, you are the pot calling the kettle black! You say Wrangler owners are full of themselves yet you bash other Jeep model owners? XJ owners don't have a brain in their skull yet a ZJ is extremely similar to an XJ, most people would just consider it an upscale model and a lot of parts are interchangeable. Who's skull is lacking brains now?

Anybody who makes a statement as blatantly ignorant as yours is not a true Jeeper or even a true automotive enthusiast because a true enthusiast respects all makes and models for their respective traits good or bad; regardless of how much fun one community may poke at another in jest.
I have yet to find someone praise a Lada 2104

I think what you mean to say, is not to judge a person by what they drive.

I got a Peugeot 106, that doesn't make me a chav. I do hoon it about though.

I like my ZG for what it is, I quite fancy getting an XJ because in the UK we get a 2.5 diesel option with that. (we get that for the ZG as well but they're hard to find)

You know you drive a ZJ when you have a coolant leak, but when you go to top up the leak it appears as though it's fixed. very suspicious.
Martin600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.