you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 515 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #7711
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba View Post
I have a very bad clicking coming from my front drive shaft, front ujoint. where it connects into the jack pot. it's l like the joint doesn't fit in correctly...give that a check. it also could be a CV behind your tire. take it off and see if there's play
Definitely the DS. I had the same noise when I had my last ZJ. Turns out the whole drive shaft was toast, had to buy a new one. I would take the whole DS out and examine it, maybe even take it to a drive shaft shop and let them take a look at it. That's how I had it diagnosed. I would start there.

Unread 06-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #7712
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHate View Post
you sure its a cv shaft? mine came with u-joint shafts and when the joint started to go bad it sounded exactly like you described. if it is a u-joint its only $22 at napa.
Yea unno I guess mine do have ujoints on it but couldn't find anything about the shafts on AutoZone so unno lol
Its like a big c coming off the axle then in the middle there's a u joint should be called a x joint. there if other **** on the big c looking thing. I'm new to this if we were talking about the engine if know exactly what was going on..
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #7713
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post

Definitely the DS. I had the same noise when I had my last ZJ. Turns out the whole drive shaft was toast, had to buy a new one. I would take the whole DS out and examine it, maybe even take it to a drive shaft shop and let them take a look at it. That's how I had it diagnosed. I would start there.
Front ds? Because the clicking is def coming from the front I'll remove my front ds and see if the sound disappears
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #7714
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

Front ds? Because the clicking is def coming from the front I'll remove my front ds and see if the sound disappears
Sorry thought you commented on my post
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #7715
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

Sorry thought you commented on my post
Yeah I thought I did too at first. But yes, I was talking about yours originally. Remove the DS and go from there. If the clicking stops when you remove it, you'll know haha
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #7716
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

When you see a niner with a Laredo grill and cry blasphemy
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #7717
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour
I almost bought one like that for more than the one I have now. THAT would've just made
me flat-out cry. Glad I didn't buy it...
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #7718
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
the niner was probably wrecked at some point and the laredo grill was all they could find
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #7719
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Yeah I thought I did too at first. But yes, I was talking about yours originally. Remove the DS and go from there. If the clicking stops when you remove it, you'll know haha
Holy **** after I sorta pondered the front ds being the culprit. I listened when I pulled into work. I'm more leaning towards the ds now. the clicking could be felt good and the ds is right under me.. This is why I love jf
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #7720
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

maybe that's why I can't get my clicking gone... hmm...
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #7721
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

Holy **** after I sorta pondered the front ds being the culprit. I listened when I pulled into work. I'm more leaning towards the ds now. the clicking could be felt good and the ds is right under me.. This is why I love jf
JF is effing awesome. I don't care who ya are lol
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #7722
CrzyMtnMan
1996 ZJ 

This one kinda gets me in the mood to actually start modding my ZJ. When you see a TJ owner with a decent looking rig, and compliment it, and you get that deer in the headlights I am stalking you stare...kindly give a gentle reminder that I could be the one jacking you out of a mud or creek rock pit. Perhaps I have been way to conservative on wheeling, however it is always my rig that is not stuck, been that way through my Ford Ranger, Explorer, Jeep, and my Kia, why am I always the guy that is not stuck offering a hand. The TJ was in a store parking lot...so I kinda understand that, I do not run around topless, however I am always there, not stuck, for what it is worth, achieve a destination and obtain it, I never go looking for trouble.
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #7723
nmzj21
1998 ZJ 

when your girl asks why you spend all day saturday getting it dirty just to spend all day sunday on a wash and wax.
nmzj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #7724
USCGTheHoff
1996 ZJ 

Because our Jeeps love to get down and dirty then get some attention.
USCGTheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #7725
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
de nada

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.