you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 514 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #7696
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
o.t. when you feel like a boss at all stop lights , no matter what other vehicles are around you
5.9 with 3" exhaust and a Flowmaster Super 44. I scare minivan moms Although pretty much any exhaust on any V8 is gonna sound BEAST!

Unread 06-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #7697
smccloud
1997 ZJ 

When you send your wife into the gas station to get something to drink while you fix the vacuum leak that's keeping the AC from working right (I.e. stuck on defrost).

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
smccloud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #7698
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

When you get used to asking questions using the phone app... All the while laying under the jeep looking for something you read about...

Out Jeepin, usin the Mobile App
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #7699
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
5.9 with 3" exhaust and a Flowmaster Super 44. I scare minivan moms Although pretty much any exhaust on any V8 is gonna sound BEAST!
my ZJ walked (or i suppose "drove") into a bar, and they asked it to leave because the minivans were getting scared, and there was a ricer hiding/crying in the corner.
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #7700
davigzj
1997 ZJ 

When cumin back from a Brett Eldredge concert the short bushes driver ask what u drvn n u say the ZJ n he ask whanta trade fro a 90 beater n u say mine has over 200k onit i just keep it new with RockAuto ... n he say ya me tooo. I just laughed .....
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #7701
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
my ZJ walked (or i suppose "drove") into a bar, and they asked it to leave because the minivans were getting scared, and there was a ricer hiding/crying in the corner.
My ZJ drove into a bar once too. I threw it in reverse and backed out through the hole in the wall.
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #7702
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

I have u joints not CVs wtf what is causing my clicking
is it a clicking that is coming from under the driver side floor board? and is it constant our does it slow down when you do?
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #7703
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba View Post

is it a clicking that is coming from under the driver side floor board? and is it constant our does it slow down when you do?
It slows down when I do. It sound like its coming from the passenger. starting to be able to feel it also. When I turn left the clicking turns to a almost moan or clunking but turning right its just a faint click. It started after I went in a little mud I noticed there's no boot on either right or left axle. So I'm thinking passenger CV axle I'll replace the driver CV axle shortly after. Just wanted someone to back me up just so I know its whats wrong.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #7704
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

It slows down when I do. It sound like its coming from the passenger. starting to be able to feel it also. When I turn left the clicking turns to a almost moan or clunking but turning right its just a faint click. It started after I went in a little mud I noticed there's no boot on either
I have a very bad clicking coming from my front drive shaft, front ujoint. where it connects into the jack pot. it's l like the joint doesn't fit in correctly...give that a check. it also could be a CV behind your tire. take it off and see if there's play
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #7705
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba View Post

I have a very bad clicking coming from my front drive shaft, front ujoint. where it connects into the jack pot. it's l like the joint doesn't fit in correctly...give that a check. it also could be a CV behind your tire. take it off and see if there's play
Its not the ds I don't think it'd change when I turned. But I'll check all that tomorrow. I'm just leaning towards CV axle because it has no boot and also started clicking after I was in the mud nothing major but still mud.
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #7706
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Its not the ds I don't think it'd change when I turned
its the loose nut behind the wheel
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #7707
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

where is this nut located at?
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #7708
Afdude88
1993 ZJ 

Quote:

Quote:

Behind the wheel......srry had to say it haha

Dana 35c behind a 242, behind an AW-4, behind a 4.0L Inline Six sitting over a Dana 30, all turning stock 215/75/15 tires and moving a 93 Grand Cherokee to places your truck only dreams of.
Afdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #7709
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I believe the term is PEBCAW. Problem Exists Between Chair And Wheel.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #7710
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

you sure its a cv shaft? mine came with u-joint shafts and when the joint started to go bad it sounded exactly like you described. if it is a u-joint its only $22 at napa.
Built Not Bought #693
LoveHate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.