you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 505 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Reply
Unread 06-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #7561
buttersjeep90
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Warwick, RHODE ISLAND
Posts: 135
when you really mad and you punch your dash and she stalls. and then you talk nice to her and she starts up.....weird i know.

buttersjeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #7562
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel
 
davigzj's Avatar
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: carlisle, ohio
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersjeep90 View Post
when you really mad and you punch your dash and she stalls. and then you talk nice to her and she starts up.....weird i know.
I should report you for that....
But i believe you learned your lesson...
Jk....
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #7563
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 272
anyone know where the emission testing harness connection thing is? like where you plug in a code reader?
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #7564
mandrews000
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba View Post
anyone know where the emission testing harness connection thing is? like where you plug in a code reader?
Below the steering wheel?
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #7565
buttersjeep90
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Warwick, RHODE ISLAND
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post

I should report you for that....
But i believe you learned your lesson...
Jk....
Lol
buttersjeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #7566
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000 View Post

Below the steering wheel?
I didn't look before I asked lol... didn't know if they hid it
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #7567
mandrews000
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba View Post

I didn't look before I asked lol... didn't know if they hid it
The connector next to it is for the airbag, don't unplug it!
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #7568
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000 View Post

The connector next to it is for the airbag, don't unplug it!
thanks for the heads up. I probably would've out of curiosity haha
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #7569
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba View Post
anyone know where the emission testing harness connection thing is? like where you plug in a code reader?
for future reference, its called the DLC, or Data Link Connector
__________________
Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #7570
StridAst
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Clearfield, Ut
Posts: 56
when you finish swapping your 249 for a 242, everything goes smoothly except for the VIC plug change. You test the zj first, 4wd works fine, no problems, nothing on the VIC, and you wonder why to bother changing the plugs behind the VIC. Say "Screw it, lets find out." you then remove the VIC, unplug the red plug and plug the black plug together instead. And poof. "service 4wd switch" rears it's ugly head and annoys the crap out of you.

so, having the wrong plug installed = nothing on the VIC, no warnings, no problems. plugging in the RIGHT one in it's place = annoying complaints and a sudden urge to throw out, then back over, the stupid VIC.
StridAst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #7571
CrzyMtnMan
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Salem, VA
Posts: 258
When you decide to chance the storms and head to the river with the wife and kids we are babysitting, finding a stuck vehicle with nobody around for miles. I am thankful we decided to go and was able to come to the rescue.
__________________
1996 ZJ - That 2nd Oxygen sensor, yeah some serious butt connectors and heat shrink there, how is that for off road modification! - Still stock.
CrzyMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #7572
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach, fl
Posts: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by StridAst View Post
when you finish swapping your 249 for a 242, everything goes smoothly except for the VIC plug change. You test the zj first, 4wd works fine, no problems, nothing on the VIC, and you wonder why to bother changing the plugs behind the VIC. Say "Screw it, lets find out." you then remove the VIC, unplug the red plug and plug the black plug together instead. And poof. "service 4wd switch" rears it's ugly head and annoys the crap out of you.

so, having the wrong plug installed = nothing on the VIC, no warnings, no problems. plugging in the RIGHT one in it's place = annoying complaints and a sudden urge to throw out, then back over, the stupid VIC.
..when your glad your VIC went out before you did the swap, and never even thought of this problem!

One day I guess ill unplug the VIC and maybe put a cubby, but if its broke, and works fine for you...don't fix it.
__________________
5.2 crate - fourwheelcustoms 2.25 BB - 31x10.50 BFG at-ko's 249/242 swap - front drive shaft upgrade by driveshaftspecialistincorporated - jcr off-road front bumper - engo 12k lbs winch......
AnotherRedZj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #7573
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 742
When you're surprised to get the "Jeep Wave" from 2 XJs and a TJ.... All on your drive to work.
__________________
'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
Maine1994ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #7574
dunkeye11
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1994ZJ
When you're surprised to get the "Jeep Wave" from 2 XJs and a TJ.... All on your drive to work.
I got a wave today from a TJ
It caught me off guard!
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #7575
jeepmojo
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Union City, Michigan
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkeye11 View Post

I got a wave today from a TJ
It caught me off guard!
I never get waves. Do a lot of waving but none in return...
__________________
If I wanted a Hummer I would have called your sister.
jeepmojo is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.