you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #61
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

...when even the XJ guys don't wave.
...when you know every single possible feature, option, and spec change over 6 model years off by heart, because when you hit the junkyard you know where to look for that part you need.
...when your Jeep actually has junkyard parts from all 6 model years.
...when you know a Sawzall makes anything possible.
...when you have a 4.0 but wish you had a 5.2, when you have a 5.2 but wish you had a 5.9, when you have a 5.9 but wish you had a 408, etc. etc.
...when you wonder why the overhead MPG readout has two digits, because you never really seem to see more than one.

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #62
big_rudy101
1996 ZJ 

I can relate to so many of these that its not even funny. But, I still love my ZJ!
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #63
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

In relation to the "coolant sensor bad"-

Everyone and their mother telling you your Vic is saying your hoods open, then you have to say its actually your coolant sensor but explain the whole situation. I don't like giving rides haha.
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #64
Buzz98zj
1998 ZJ 

Haha ya, given a few buddies a ride. They start out wow this rides better than I thought, then start asking about the beeps and flashing lights.
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #65
sanchox
1997 ZJ 

When the presence of a check engine light is comforting, because you know "everything is as it should be."
sanchox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #66
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchox
When the presence of a check engine light is comforting, because you know "everything is as it should be."
Haha, nice, or when the "Air bag" light doesn't bother u anymore...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #67
akchinook
1996 ZJ 

You call two auto repair shops for quotes on a transmission flush, one says "I'll call you back shortly," you never hear from them again. The other says "Chrysler doesn't recommend a transmission flush." I guess I'll do it myself.
akchinook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #68
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akchinook View Post
"Chrysler doesn't recommend a transmission flush." I guess I'll do it myself.
No, don't. You'll kill it. Just drop the pan & replace what fluid is in there.
Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #69
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
No, don't. You'll kill it. Just drop the pan & replace what fluid is in there.
Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...
really. didnt know that. I guess i got lucky and just did a service change. Why wouldnt you wanna do it. Honest question.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #70
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

When this thread reminds you of that Mountain Dew commercial because you read through every post and say to yourself "BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!"
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #71
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

When your spending more time on line, than you are sleeping, searching for parts at the best price,

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #72
mlhelfin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

When your VIC stops working and you don't care / When you don't get invited to weekend events from your friends because " We thought you were working on your jeep and you probably were " / When your on your way to work and look at the pile of mail on the passenger seat and see your AAA renewal staring back at you / When its snowing hard and everybody wants a ride, what are friends for / When you get home from work and scan post on this site and read someone else's problem and the same thing happens to you the next day. The list goes on and on.
mlhelfin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #73
Buzz98zj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhelfin
When you get home from work and scan post on this site and read someone else's problem and the same thing happens to you the next day.
My co worker was telling me about how her drivers door wouldn't shut and I was dang that sucks. Then grabbed a beer and my door did the same thing. Had to hold it shut all the way home. Lol
Unread 02-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #74
isenior
1997 ZJ 

....you have had to disconnect the battery so many times that you know the radio code by heart.....
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #75
rozco
1993 ZJ 

when your wrangler friends get jealous of your v8 and you cant imagine rocking 35's with a 4 cyl.

when you can get up to freeway speeds faster than most other vehicles, especially non zj jeeps

when you wonder why your track bar bolt is always playing games with you. as if it doesnt know how to stay tight

when youve pulled over on the freeway cause you know the deathwobble you just started getting is because of the reason above. you fix it, and all is good for a few more weeks

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/daniels-93-zj-1256919/"][B]Build Thread[/B][/URL]
rozco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.