you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 492 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7366 of 10763 Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 PM
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeyst View Post
Grip and Rip!

One thing about the 242 swap is when you lay into in 2wd its Jus not the same as before! Feels so weak compared to full time 4. And nothing beats slidding sideways with all 4 spinning!
did that once in the rain. shouldve seen the look on the ricer guys face


Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7367 of 10763 Old 05-20-2013, 09:48 PM
TurboTPI
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bensenville
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeyst

Grip and Rip!

One thing about the 242 swap is when you lay into in 2wd its Jus not the same as before! Feels so weak compared to full time 4. And nothing beats slidding sideways with all 4 spinning!
The wife's 4.7l HO WJ will get pretty silly in the rain. It's pretty uncontrollable when all 4 tires are spinning, literally all 4 tires. (Quadra-Drive)

02 WJ Limited 4.7l HO-stock (Hers)
95 ZJ 4.0 Turbo-up 5.5 on 33x12.5's, Ford 8.8 w/Artec truss (His)
92 Firebird Formula custom turbo setup (His)
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline  
post #7368 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 05:12 AM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post

did that once in the rain. shouldve seen the look on the ricer guys face
I know it well! When we get a lil water on the ground I like to go play in the round-abouts!

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #7369 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 06:22 AM
4LBlackMamba
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 272
Mines terrible when it comes to rain. every exit, round about, left turns. it's definitely fun but I feel like I'll get pulled over soon
4LBlackMamba is offline  
post #7370 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 06:57 AM
Concolour
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 610
When you find two other limiteds on the way to work so you pull into the third lane and fly in formation

Other two jeeps were clueless methinks. Both middle aged dudes and they didn't even look over once. Lost in their own little commute world
Concolour is offline  
post #7371 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 07:46 AM
98lmtdJay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concolour View Post
When you find two other limiteds on the way to work so you pull into the third lane and fly in formation

Other two jeeps were clueless methinks. Both middle aged dudes and they didn't even look over once. Lost in their own little commute world
Some people just dont understand! I waive or nod at every jeep i pass. If theres an open spot next to another jeep at walmart i will park next to it even if i have to walk alil further.

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
98lmtdJay is offline  
post #7372 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM
dnuccio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98lmtdJay View Post
Some people just dont understand! I waive or nod at every jeep i pass. If theres an open spot next to another jeep at walmart i will park next to it even if i have to walk alil further.

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
i wave at all the ZJs and XJs. wonder how many guys have been like "wait did i know him?" hahahah

Reliability is relative
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
dnuccio is offline  
post #7373 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 AM
AnotherRedZj
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: fort walton beach
Posts: 2,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98lmtdJay View Post

Some people just dont understand! I waive or nod at every jeep i pass. If theres an open spot next to another jeep at walmart i will park next to it even if i have to walk alil further.

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
X'2.....but I need the walk

96 ZJ sittin up 6" on 35's with 4:56's and a 12k winch. Cuz...why the hell not!?
AnotherRedZj is offline  
post #7374 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Elias4WDCenter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Townsend
Posts: 102
Pulling into the road with my morning coffee, at the edge of traction, in 4wd V8 style. Looking in the mirror hundreds of yards away and the Liberty behind me hasn't even edged up to the street yet. Check the speedo... Let off the gas!
Low windshield washer comes on.

Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!
Elias4WDCenter is offline  
post #7375 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 11:15 AM
970001zj
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,634
your whole day is spent on the passenger engine mount and your keyboard is unreadable from all the grease and dirt on it
970001zj is offline  
post #7376 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Maine1994ZJ
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phippsburg, Maine
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeyst View Post
I know it well! When we get a lil water on the ground I like to go play in the round-abouts!
HOW COME I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT!?!?!?!????
Now I can't wait to play in the rain on the roundabout that's uptown...

Guess I ought to stop being lazy and adjust my TV cable first, tho....

'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
'95 V8 ZJ Limited, '97 4.0L ZJ TSi
'96 4.0L 2wd XJ, '88 4.2L YJ
Maine1994ZJ is offline  
post #7377 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 05:09 PM
BuzzZJ9er
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 244
When your wrangler friend says your jeep has to many wires. He also never drives his because it rides like crap! Lol
BuzzZJ9er is offline  
post #7378 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
tucsonzj
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 42.127628
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzZJ9er View Post
When your wrangler friend says your jeep has to many wires. He also never drives his because it rides like crap! Lol
I got a little bit of good ol' hassle for driving a "luxury" vehicle to go topless day. I said, yea my leather seats made for a fantastic ride down here

His:00 TJ "Fiona" stuff/stuff/stuff
95 ZJ 3.5" w/242 swap-Sold
Hers: 15 JK Sahara-3" Teraflex
tucsonzj is offline  
post #7379 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
BuzzZJ9er
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

I got a little bit of good ol' hassle for driving a "luxury" vehicle to go topless day. I said, yea my leather seats made for a fantastic ride down here
^^lol
BuzzZJ9er is offline  
post #7380 of 10763 Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 PM
98lmtdJay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias4WDCenter View Post
Pulling into the road with my morning coffee, at the edge of traction, in 4wd V8 style. Looking in the mirror hundreds of yards away and the Liberty behind me hasn't even edged up to the street yet. Check the speedo... Let off the gas!
Low windshield washer comes on.
Lol! Who is this? Where you hiding in my back seat?

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
98lmtdJay is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome