you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 486 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #7276
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

My sister got a 93 on her ASVAB. I for one am incredibly glad that she went navy and fixes the missile systems rather than being some meat shield infantry.

I have an incredible amount of respect for every branch but I am definitely glad that I don't have a loved one in the marines.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #7277
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post

Asking to be sued for no reason by offering a marines only discount instead of military discount. Your right his shop, but that could easily become a legal s*** show.
Simular concept as a Navy bar, all over V.B., no lawsuits.
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #7278
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
when you think 200,000 miles not too much for a backup zj
200k on a zj? it's still new lol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #7279
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Simular concept as a Navy bar, all over V.B., no lawsuits.
Do they kick out others?

The only real Military bar i've been in, he was Navy and welcomed all Vets.

OT: Got some oil and filter, change it out tomorrow in prep from topless day. CB should be here Friday, throw that on the night before!
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #7280
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post

Do they kick out others?

The only real Military bar i've been in, he was Navy and welcomed all Vets.

OT: Got some oil and filter, change it out tomorrow in prep from topless day. CB should be here Friday, throw that on the night before!
Topless zj? Pics?
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #7281
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

Asking to be sued for no reason by offering a marines only discount instead of military discount. Your right his shop, but that could easily become a legal s*** show.
Lawsuits? Not a chance but loss of respect and business from members of the other 4 branches of military? Absolutely possible, sure it's his business but it doesn't change the fact it's bad business practice.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #7282
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
Lawsuits? Not a chance but loss of respect and business from members of the other 4 branches of military? Absolutely possible, sure it's his business but it doesn't change the fact it's bad business practice.
How do you figure? Last I checked people are sue happy. Any type of possible discrimination now a days will get everyone butt hurt. Then again, that would depend on his discount being "policy," as in denying the discount because they were in the Army not USMC not just a "he mentioned he was in the marines, so was I so I threw him a discount" type of thing.
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #7283
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj

How do you figure? Last I checked people are sue happy. Any type of possible discrimination now a days will get everyone butt hurt. Then again, that would depend on his discount being "policy," as in denying the discount because they were in the Army not USMC not just a "he mentioned he was in the marines, so was I so I threw him a discount" type of thing.
He isn't refusing service just doesn't offer a discount.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #7284
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hence why I said refusing the discount to certain people, and not to others. Does he to Navy? Since the MC is part of the Navy.

Just throwin out a thought he COULD get sued....not saying he will. I rather not see him get sued, but people love to do it when they get the chance.
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #7285
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Dayum!!!!,what a ****storm i caused.every service member gets 10%.i choose to give marines 20 because i can
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #7286
Elias4WDCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
When you buy broken ZJs because it's cheaper to buy a complete non-driving one than getting all the parts you need from the junkyard.

When you know exactly what you need to fix to get those stupid warning lights to go away (ABS, Airbag, etc.)

The term "Death Wobble" has become part of your vocabulary.

When you've slung mud accidentally peppering an open top 4x4 that's in range. (Bonus points if you you do this with an I6.)

When you wheel with other Jeeps that will break their stuff trying because it's not fair that your ZJ can get over an obstacle they have trouble with

****For long term lifted ZJ owners only**** others beware, you may find this OFFENSIVE!

When these 12 steps of lifting a ZJ make complete sense to you:
1. Install BB or F>R Swap
2. Get bigger tires
3. Spend more money solving rubbing, alignment, axle centering and wobble issues than you did on the lift originally
4. Give in to realizing that all the guys here were telling you the truth to the best of their ability and experience
5. Buy a real lift - but now you're spending "wiser" so you know that magically you'll get to 6" (who needs extended brakelines anyway?)
6. Repeat step #3, 4 and 5 until you give up on something lower or buy/ build what you need for 6"+
7. Buy more tires as you need them by now
8. Discover you do need a HPD30 and 8.8 (this can actually happen at any time along the way - even on pavement)
9. Deal with all the broken parts, modifications or upgrades you may need
10. Finally celebrate knowing you did things your way, ignoring all the priceless advice you got along the way
11. Pay off the thousands you owe for taking the cheap lift path only to find it really did cost more than doing it right the first time
12a. Boost your ego throwing out insults knowing that you skipped many of these steps, or went through #6 only once
12b. Sit on here laughing, commenting and poking fun at other guys as they make the same friggin mistakes your dumb a$$ did along the way - at least now you know better
THIS
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!
Elias4WDCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #7287
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post
Dayum!!!!,what a ****storm i caused.every service member gets 10%.i choose to give marines 20 because i can
Ooh rah, devil.
Oh, 2nd for a pic pf your topless zj.
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #7288
98lmtdJay

You know you drive a zj when you notice every zj you pass. And when you notice a zj in the car lot down the road from your work you stop to check it out even tho you know your not gonna buy it.

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
98lmtdJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #7289
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

When you park right by a zj in a parking lot at work and stare at it for a couple minutes
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #7290
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

When you know exactly how many there are in the school parking lot (2 a white one and a green one) and then you see one on big chrome rims and you shake your head and say why would he do that to a jeep
zjforlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.