you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 460 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #6886
cryptic3

Good to see responsible jeep owner I'm not mad at my po as this gives me experience working on my jeep

cryptic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #6887
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

im a sophomore, and i kinda beat the **** out of my ZJ. but only when i have money for gas, otherwise, i drive like an old lady lol
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #6888
ThatONeJeePeR
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio
im a sophomore, and i kinda beat the **** out of my ZJ. but only when i have money for gas, otherwise, i drive like an old lady lol
Haha!!
I'm a junior in HS and love my ZJ. It's may be a POS, but she's mine :P
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #6889
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatONeJeePeR View Post

Haha!!
I'm a junior in HS and love my ZJ. It's may be a POS, but she's mine :P
I'm a senior, 17yr old. i drive mine like a ZJ should be driven. like a damn really car. baby holds up, I'll tell you that. constant maintenance though. but hey, experience!
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #6890
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic3 View Post
My po was a high school kid who treat my jeep like $h*t I had to replace the passenger CV joint, the hood doesn't close all the way the driver side is slightly raised still and the driver side fender is matte black I'm assuming he must have gotten into an accident and replace the hood and fender trying to find a fix for that. Its missing the coolant reservoir cap which I still need to buy. The lift gates shocks need to be replaced. The interior lights we broken its like if he punched it I had to take them off and replace the screws ( I'm referring to the ceiling lights and compartments) I found condom wrappers under the back seat like a few of them. (Had to get rid of them otherwise it would have been a argument between me and my girl. I'm thinking the lower control arm needs replacing cause I hear rattling. Oh and the rear windshield wiper didnt work but I sprayed some wd40 on its now it works I started hearing a chirp so I'm thinking tensioner pulley needs replace. And I think the heater core needs replace cause its takes a good 10 minutes for it to kick in and finally the ac doesn't work which just might need to recharge
Not our fault that you obviously got taken. Should have pay more attention to detail before buying it.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #6891
cryptic3

Wow a lot of youngsters here hope I'm not the only old guy here haha
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #6892
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

When you accidental hit a a sign keeping you from going through high water on your way to school and it breaks your damn header panel. I swear that thing will break if you look at it funny. So later I'm going to jb weld it back together
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #6893
cryptic3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post

Not our fault that you obviously got taken. Should have pay more attention to detail before buying it.
All I paid was 500 hundred and it has a good engine just needs minor repairs so I wouldn't say I got taken kid
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #6894
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot
When you accidental hit a a sign keeping you from going through high water on your way to school and it breaks your damn header panel. I swear that thing will break if you look at it funny. So later I'm going to jb weld it back together
Been there done that. Except I took out a couple street signs.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #6895
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic3 View Post
All I paid was 500 hundred and it has a good engine just needs minor repairs so I wouldn't say I got taken kid
Then why are you *****ing about having to do the repairs?
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #6896
cryptic3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post

Then why are you *****ing about having to do the repairs?
Look at my previous post. It was for Dnuccio he said he would start a new thread about how the previous owner treat your jeep. I'm not complaining *****ing or anything like that if you read more of what I said. I referred this to as experience which I'm glad it wasn't in perfect condition.. Nor was I talking trash about high school kids. As you can see there are some on here that take great care of their jeeps.
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #6897
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I'm a junior in college now and have had my ZJ since my senior year of high school. I've always made a point to take very good care of it.

On topic: ...When you finally have to replace 2 of the front parking light bulbs after 15 years and are left wondering "What the hell were these designers thinking?"
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #6898
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
I'm a junior in college now and have had my ZJ since my senior year of high school. I've always made a point to take very good care of it.

On topic: ...When you finally have to replace 2 of the front parking light bulbs after 15 years and are left wondering "What the hell were these designers thinking?"
I've had my ZJ since Freshman year in HS, I'm a senior now in HS. I know my ZJ better than I know the back of my hand...not counting the whole front end has pretty much been replaced with new parts.
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #6899
98lmtdJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post

Im good to mine have had it 2 years. Cant say that about the previous 2 xjs i had but they werent ad nice looking.

And they had to be on crack!

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
98lmtdJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #6900
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I touched mine trying to show it some love with zip ties, only broke it more. mine probably has at least 5 cracks in it, not counting the hunks broken off.

Oh and I'm a highschool jr, I keep good car of mine, though I'm not afraid to beat on it on the trails.

Ot: When you go hit a quick trail with a buddy, and are left wanting something harder cause you just powered right through it.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.