you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 450 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #6736
95knight
1998 ZJ 

When you want to lift your zj like they do that GMC Sierra 1500 in thr commercial

95knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #6737
98lmtdJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Wtf can cause.my zj to leak all the coolent it's been dripping a little bit like a week before it decided to puke all of it in a,parking lot
Fill it up start it up and watch where it comes from. My water pump bearing didnt take long to go out on mine. started as drip then one day it just started dumping it. Like a week later. For a lil bit it would only leak after i shut it off. Also i found my radiator was rotted out on the bottom when i changed the pump.

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
98lmtdJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #6738
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98lmtdJay View Post

Fill it up start it up and watch where it comes from. My water pump bearing didnt take long to go out on mine. started as drip then one day it just started dumping it. Like a week later. For a lil bit it would only leak after i shut it off. Also i found my radiator was rotted out on the bottom when i changed the pump.

I'll throw some water in there tomorrow. I hope the gas station liked all the coolent. I think it puked at the gas prices.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #6739
zjforlife
1998 ZJ 

When you see this on a jeep liberty and all you can do is laugh in your zj and ask yourself why did they even make libertys

image-2863429463.jpg
zjforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #6740
98lmtdJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjforlife View Post
When you see this on a jeep liberty and all you can do is laugh in your zj and ask yourself why did they even make libertys
I think for high school girls and old people. Thats who i always see driving em. My friend just bought one and ive been givin him crap ever since.

Unread 04-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #6741
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
I think for high school girls
Isn't that what YJ's are for?

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #6742
98lmtdJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post

Isn't that what YJ's are for?
Them too!

Unread 04-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #6743
USCGTheHoff
1996 ZJ 

When you get tired of the headliner and decide to do a facelift to the overhead console and go straight black.
USCGTheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #6744
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
I think for high school girls and old people. Thats who i always see driving em. My friend just bought one and ive been givin him crap ever since.

a guy in my auto class has one and whenever he brings it in I always threaten to de-trail rated badge it. He says "it'll make it farther than your ZJ" and I say "yeah on the highway cuz you get better gas mileage"
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:41 AM   #6745
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

TBH, Liberties aren't actually that bad off-road (don't get me started on the Patriot/Compass though). They've got less down travel up front with the IFS, but other than that, assuming stock size tires on both, chances are a ZJ and a KJ would both get stuck at a similar point off-road, although probably under slightly different conditions.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #6746
98lmtdJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
TBH, Liberties aren't actually that bad off-road (don't get me started on the Patriot/Compass though). They've got less down travel up front with the IFS, but other than that, assuming stock size tires on both, chances are a ZJ and a KJ would both get stuck at a similar point off-road, although probably under slightly different conditions.
Ya they are pretty good off road. We took a loaner out in a gravel pit and it went everywhere my stock zj went. But couldnt touch me on road i got a 5.2 so kind of expected that.

Unread 04-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #6747
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

I took my moms patriot thru a portion of bulldog canyon here and I must say it didnt do bad for being a 2wd on street tires. The portion I went on was not much worse than an unmaintained dirt road tho
Unread 04-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #6748
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Last summer I almost traded my ZJ for an 07 KJ Sport with 15k miles on it. Sometimes I regret not doing so. It probably would have had 4" of lift by now and some 31s on it. I'd say that's probably not as capable as a similarly set up ZJ because of suspension travel, but it would still be a pretty fun vehicle. I can't see myself getting rid of my ZJ at this point though. I've done so much to it since last summer... tires, locker, 242, skids... Not to mention, I've spent a pretty penny on lifting it correctly. I wouldn't want to start over, learn all about IFS lifts, and figure out how to do it correctly. Something tells me it's harder and more expensive.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #6749
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

KJs are pretty capable. I've seen them do some pretty nifty ****. IFS, sure, but solid axles aren't the be-all and end-all of wheeling. For that matter, lifting a bendy axle suspension isn't much more difficult than lifting a 5-link solid. Pickup guys do it all the time. I give it just a couple more years before the WK2 has a lift kit out. I've seen Pathfinders go where XJs wouldn't dare, and those have a bendy front axle. I wouldn't hesitate to own another IFS 4x4 and given some of the IRS on the market these days, I'm not averse to that either. The new Cherokee is really intriguing and I'm even impressed by the New York Auto Show unveiling. I'm sure I'll get a lot of flak for this, but I like the new Cherokee. I think it is exactly what the original Cherokee was for the market, 30 years ago.

Moving back on topic, you know you own a ZJ when your buddy buys an Orvis and you hope he decides a V8 uses too much gas, so you can swoop in and take it off of his hands, even if it means you have to sell the ZJ you already own.

Seriously, if he ever decides to sell it, I'm taking the lift off of my ZJ, selling her, and buying that Orvis. I love you, Cheyenne, but I can't turn that down.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #6750
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Why would you sell your other zj, what will you use to go to the parts store?

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.