you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 406 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #6076
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
They should be limited at 115, AFAIK. Does yours have a Mopar Performance ECU on it? If so, those either removed the limiter or raised it to 130, can't remember which.
Hitting the governor is the saddest feeling I can know. Knowing there's still more speed left in your car, but a device won't let you have it, feels like the world is ending.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #6077
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post

the only condoms ive seen were for a different purpose
You can buy finger condoms at GNC next to the steroids
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #6078
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeyst View Post
no, your right, these are from asia
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #6079
ThatONeJeePeR
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I've hit 117ish with a 3 inch lift and with 32's. but I did have my sway bars connected and my spedo is 5 mph slow =P(roughly 122)
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #6080
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Why are you guys competing to be the craziest Jeep driver? '88 2dr XJ, LS1 V8, stock susp., 275/60/R15, 165 mph. Never got pics, you couldn't see the Jeep through the flames after he wrecked. I believe a ZJ would've faired worse.
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #6081
95knight
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Why are you guys competing to be the craziest Jeep driver? '88 2dr XJ, LS1 V8, stock susp., 275/60/R15, 165 mph. Never got pics, you couldn't see the Jeep through the flames after he wrecked. I believe a ZJ would've faired worse.
That poor LS1. A sad day i bet. Lol

Sent from no where using JeepForum
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #6082
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post

That poor LS1. A sad day i bet. Lol

Sent from no where using JeepForum
It was a lot of work and a lot of $ down the hole. That was its debut run. The alcohol for the engine was the reason for the burn.
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #6083
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

LSx deserve to crash and burn. I hate those motors. There's no originality in an LS swap. Everybody's done it to every kind of car, ever. It's all been done before. I like to see creativity and uniqueness, not something they make a kit for.

I think I'm gonna try and supercharge the 4.0 just because it can be done. Think an M62 might be on the small side for an engine that big?

You know you drive a ZJ when the smallest engine available to you is, in any other application, huge.

Unread 03-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #6084
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
LSx deserve to crash and burn. I hate those motors. There's no originality in an LS swap. Everybody's done it to every kind of car, ever. It's all been done before. I like to see creativity and uniqueness, not something they make a kit for.

I think I'm gonna try and supercharge the 4.0 just because it can be done. Think an M62 might be on the small side for an engine that big?

You know you drive a ZJ when the smallest engine available to you is, in any other application, huge.
Put a nissan gtr motor in it
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #6085
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC

What's wrong with them if they work? They don't make a kit for a zj bad bird did one.
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #6086
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

M90 or M120 would be a better fit.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #6087
nhredneck96
1996 ZJ 

When your girlfriend wants to take your zj because its faster than her monte carlo (and still is in better working shape) lol
nhredneck96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #6088
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Put a nissan gtr motor in it
At least it'd be unique. I'd drop a 13B rotary into a Jeep for the sake of uniqueness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
M90 or M120 would be a better fit.
That was my thinking. M62 only came to mind because you can get them from early Xterras, and I know a guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
What's wrong with them if they work? They don't make a kit for a zj bad bird did one.
Nothing's wrong with them, but everything RWD ever has had an LS1 put into it. Mustangs, Miatas, CJs, TJs, XJs, ZJs, 240s, Z-cars, Rangers, RX7s, I could go on. Everyone goes LS1, and there's no creativity in it. A lot of cars have kits available, and everyone else can at the least buy a standalone wiring kit, so it's just weld-new-mounts, drop-in, and go. There's no challenge, no ingenuity in an LS1 swap.

Unread 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #6089
LunaMoona
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
At least it'd be unique. I'd drop a 13B rotary into a Jeep for the sake of uniqueness.

That was my thinking. M62 only came to mind because you can get them from early Xterras, and I know a guy.

Nothing's wrong with them, but everything RWD ever has had an LS1 put into it. Mustangs, Miatas, CJs, TJs, XJs, ZJs, 240s, Z-cars, Rangers, RX7s, I could go on. Everyone goes LS1, and there's no creativity in it. A lot of cars have kits available, and everyone else can at the least buy a standalone wiring kit, so it's just weld-new-mounts, drop-in, and go. There's no challenge, no ingenuity in an LS1 swap.
LunaMoona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #6090
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I feel like you would have to gear super low with a motor like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.