you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #46
LouC
2007 WK 

When all the sudden the power windows can't be controlled from the driver's door, until you give it a good SLAM, or give the interior panel a good swat with the palm of your hand, then it all works again, till the next time.....
One day my son and I are going somewhere, he tell me Dad the window for the pass door won't go down, I said, "Son, SLAM that door, it's a JEEP THING!!"....

LouC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #47
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

when you go buy the coolant sensors and still get that "Coolant sensor bad" on your VIC. then you think about replacing the VIC with "switch panel".

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #48
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
when you go buy the coolant sensors and still get that "Coolant sensor bad" on your VIC. then you think about replacing the VIC with "switch panel".
I just got mine to stop beeping a few weeks ago, but I'm still thinking about replacing it with a switch panel now that it doesn't do much haha. I was thinking about maybe relocating it to the glove box, because it is nice knowing mileage to service and other random stuff
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #49
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat View Post
I just got mine to stop beeping a few weeks ago, but I'm still thinking about replacing it with a switch panel now that it doesn't do much haha. I was thinking about maybe relocating it to the glove box, because it is nice knowing mileage to service and other random stuff
There is a ton of space behind the Vic to wire switches of gauges. I was very temped to delete it and stick my gauge there when I had it apart the other day but it still works.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #50
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Holy cow I never even thought about gauges
I was planning on adding a nice panel with the contura switches (something like the ones I attached), but gauges would be nicer there than the a pillar.

Hmmmm... decisions decisions.......
picture-1.12.001.1002.jpg  
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #51
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think it could fit 3 snug.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #52
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat
Holy cow I never even thought about gauges
I was planning on adding a nice panel with the contura switches (something like the ones I attached), but gauges would be nicer there than the a pillar.

Hmmmm... decisions decisions.......
I got my 6 switch panel off eBay for $59 with breakers, I think it would fit. If not its cheap for the switches and breakers.
image-501808001.jpg  
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #53
Fixxxer_ZJ
1995 ZJ 

When you buy a nice-ish V-8 Orvis ZJ for $400 that will out wheel a YJ or TJ while in A/C and leather (and a wrangler still costs $3000 for a clapped out P.O.S.)
Fixxxer_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #54
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

when the same Yj's and Tj's you out wheel cant respect your rig and call it a "BOAT"
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #55
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

When you buy broken ZJs because it's cheaper to buy a complete non-driving one than getting all the parts you need from the junkyard.

When you know exactly what you need to fix to get those stupid warning lights to go away (ABS, Airbag, etc.)

The term "Death Wobble" has become part of your vocabulary.

When you've slung mud accidentally peppering an open top 4x4 that's in range. (Bonus points if you you do this with an I6.)

When you wheel with other Jeeps that will break their stuff trying because it's not fair that your ZJ can get over an obstacle they have trouble with

****For long term lifted ZJ owners only**** others beware, you may find this OFFENSIVE!

When these 12 steps of lifting a ZJ make complete sense to you:
1. Install BB or F>R Swap
2. Get bigger tires
3. Spend more money solving rubbing, alignment, axle centering and wobble issues than you did on the lift originally
4. Give in to realizing that all the guys here were telling you the truth to the best of their ability and experience
5. Buy a real lift - but now you're spending "wiser" so you know that magically you'll get to 6" (who needs extended brakelines anyway?)
6. Repeat step #3, 4 and 5 until you give up on something lower or buy/ build what you need for 6"+
7. Buy more tires as you need them by now
8. Discover you do need a HPD30 and 8.8 (this can actually happen at any time along the way - even on pavement)
9. Deal with all the broken parts, modifications or upgrades you may need
10. Finally celebrate knowing you did things your way, ignoring all the priceless advice you got along the way
11. Pay off the thousands you owe for taking the cheap lift path only to find it really did cost more than doing it right the first time
12a. Boost your ego throwing out insults knowing that you skipped many of these steps, or went through #6 only once
12b. Sit on here laughing, commenting and poking fun at other guys as they make the same friggin mistakes your dumb a$$ did along the way - at least now you know better
gabrod72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #56
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

When your transmission dies for the 2+ time.
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #57
Buzz98zj
1998 ZJ 

When your wife wrecks it and it still runs and drives like it did before, just can't see through the windshield.
Edit: then you buy a niner.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #58
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
When you buy broken ZJs because it's cheaper to buy a complete non-driving one than getting all the parts you need from the junkyard.

When you know exactly what you need to fix to get those stupid warning lights to go away (ABS, Airbag, etc.)

The term "Death Wobble" has become part of your vocabulary.

When you've slung mud accidentally peppering an open top 4x4 that's in range. (Bonus points if you you do this with an I6.)

When you wheel with other Jeeps that will break their stuff trying because it's not fair that your ZJ can get over an obstacle they have trouble with

****For long term lifted ZJ owners only**** others beware, you may find this OFFENSIVE!

When these 12 steps of lifting a ZJ make complete sense to you:
1. Install BB or F>R Swap
2. Get bigger tires
3. Spend more money solving rubbing, alignment, axle centering and wobble issues than you did on the lift originally
4. Give in to realizing that all the guys here were telling you the truth to the best of their ability and experience
5. Buy a real lift - but now you're spending "wiser" so you know that magically you'll get to 6" (who needs extended brakelines anyway?)
6. Repeat step #3, 4 and 5 until you give up on something lower or buy/ build what you need for 6"+
7. Buy more tires as you need them by now
8. Discover you do need a HPD30 and 8.8 (this can actually happen at any time along the way - even on pavement)
9. Deal with all the broken parts, modifications or upgrades you may need
10. Finally celebrate knowing you did things your way, ignoring all the priceless advice you got along the way
11. Pay off the thousands you owe for taking the cheap lift path only to find it really did cost more than doing it right the first time
12a. Boost your ego throwing out insults knowing that you skipped many of these steps, or went through #6 only once
12b. Sit on here laughing, commenting and poking fun at other guys as they make the same friggin mistakes your dumb a$$ did along the way - at least now you know better
guilty of # 1, 2,4,5,6,9,10, and both 12's. lol..nice work.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #59
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

...when xjs attempt to make fun of your plastic. I like my plastic.

...when wranglers show no respect.
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #60
ME_Blackpaw
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinningerc View Post
When you hear the warning chime for "Coolant Sensor Bad" in your sleep.
Just bought my 96 ZJ and that's all I hear now!!!!
ME_Blackpaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.