Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive a ZJ when...

876K views 11K replies 721 participants last post by  kg6mov 
#1 ·
Saw this on the YJ forum and thought it might be fun to try here

#9,913 ·
I'm still getting 15.5-16.4 combined on mine o_O I feel lucky for now. After planned mods, it'll probably be 11 hahahah!

#9,931 ·
JasonStebbins said:
I have to hold down my ON button for like 4-5 seconds for the green CRUISE light to come on. I didn't think it worked when I bought it until I really jammed it down for some time one day. :D Vacuum leak is the most common cause for it not to work.
Maybe that's my problem...

#9,933 ·
#9,934 ·
My cruise works about as good as it can for being ancient and overworked. Likes to go gas crazy when going up a hill tho but at least it holds a speed better than some 2012+ vehicles :D

OT: You know you drive a ZJ(in florida) when you wish to ram the old idiots off the road after that beautiful steel bumper upgrade comes in because they're going 30 under the speed limit in every single lane on the freeway for no reason other than it's a friday evening and they're not in a hurry... *Fin*

#9,935 ·
When i bought mine the crusie did not work, But my powerlock switch on the driversdoor locked all doors.
One day my cruise suddenly started to work again but the powerlock stopped to lock the driverdoor...

In mine i am also supposed to have a green light in the dashpanel that tells me that i have turned on the lights manually.
I have never seen that light up but the bulb is ok...

#9,938 ·
In mine i am also supposed to have a green light in the dashpanel that tells me that i have turned on the lights manually.
I have never seen that light up but the bulb is ok...
Huh. I put a bulb in that spot last time I had my cluster out and it lights up with parking lights or headlights (even on a US spec ZJ). It also dims with the dash lights, unlike the rest of the indicators in the bottom strip.

#9,936 ·
When the only thing that's kept you on the road is internet forums. You've spent almost three years scouring the internet figuring out how to fix your ****.

On that note, 2,000 posts. :cheers:

#9,942 ·
When people complain about all of the clunks that I tuned out until they said something
When you suck up the ~$60 a week gas bill just to drive around a jeep! (BTW I'm getting 12.6 freeway average and 7-9 city because of my misfire)
When someone cuts you off, and all you do is slide back and let the KC's do the talking! :D :shhh:

#9,943 ·
When people complain about all of the clunks that I tuned out until they said something
When you suck up the ~$60 a week gas bill just to drive around a jeep! (BTW I'm getting 12.6 freeway average and 7-9 city because of my misfire)
And then those clunks and various noises just seem to drown everything else out after they mention it..

#9,947 ·
When your ZJ loves you so much that it blows the brake line in your driveway instead of on your way to/from work!

New lines front to rear on the way.

#9,954 ·
You know you drive a ZJ when you get it stuck in some mud straight from the pits of hell, it's uphill and buried past the bumper and everyone tells you that you won't get it unstuck without help, and then you proceed get it unstuck without help, even if it took you half the day she still got you out and drove home without any new problems. I love my Jeep. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.