Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive a ZJ when...

876K views 11K replies 721 participants last post by  kg6mov 
#1 ·
Saw this on the YJ forum and thought it might be fun to try here

#7,570 ·
when you finish swapping your 249 for a 242, everything goes smoothly except for the VIC plug change. You test the zj first, 4wd works fine, no problems, nothing on the VIC, and you wonder why to bother changing the plugs behind the VIC. Say "Screw it, lets find out." you then remove the VIC, unplug the red plug and plug the black plug together instead. And poof. "service 4wd switch" rears it's ugly head and annoys the crap out of you.

so, having the wrong plug installed = nothing on the VIC, no warnings, no problems. plugging in the RIGHT one in it's place = annoying complaints and a sudden urge to throw out, then back over, the stupid VIC.

#7,572 ·
..when your glad your VIC went out before you did the swap, and never even thought of this problem!

One day I guess ill unplug the VIC and maybe put a cubby, but if its broke, and works fine for you...don't fix it.

#7,583 ·
on the trail is the only place i get a wave.... prob a good thing though, there are so many jeeps in the area i would be sore everyday from:wavey:

OT: when your ready to sell one of your other cars to fix it!!:thumbsup:

#7,585 ·
Time for a bezel upgrade. Might as well if you are getting a locking cap anyways.

Dana 35c behind a 242, behind an AW-4, behind a 4.0L Inline Six sitting over a Dana 30, all turning stock 215/75/15 tires and moving a 93 Grand Cherokee to places your truck only dreams of.

#7,591 ·
Also when you think its time for one of these..

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=300900301935

...but Idk. Any opinions or better advice!?
I believe you can buy pretty much everything in
that kit for about 100 bucks at harbor freight.

Dana 35c behind a 242, behind an AW-4, behind a 4.0L Inline Six sitting over a Dana 30, all turning stock 215/75/15 tires and moving a 93 Grand Cherokee to places your truck only dreams of.

#7,595 ·
mine did that too, i ended up putting nearly 2 cans of the ac pro in mine before the clutch would stay engaged. Now it works pretty good with my new fan clutch. Although mine did have an ambient outside temp needle on the charge handle and it gave u a window of "good pressure" for what the outside temp was.

#7,596 ·
X2

Remember to turn the can to the 12 and 3 positions while you are charging it or the stuff in the can won't flow out properly, honestly I just turn the can all angles as I'm filling without really shaking it

The first readings are generally inaccurate if you are low and will bounce around but will steady as it gets full

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.