Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive a ZJ when...

876K views 11K replies 721 participants last post by  kg6mov 
#1 ·
Saw this on the YJ forum and thought it might be fun to try here

#7,128 ·
xrunndonex said:
See that's what I'm worried about. think if there a headgasket leak blocked by **** it would get opened up? That's the only thing stopping me
I heard pulling the heads and replacing a head gasket on our 4.0s is rather easy. I am not speaking from experience though...

#7,134 ·
AmishFury said:
not an orvis... wrong interior colors, no tow hooks, doesn't even look like an orvis badge more like a limited badge (also correct me if i'm wrong but the orvis also comes with a spare tire cover with pouches on the side (much like the one from a niner) and "Orvis" embroidered on it)

limited with a full size spare is what it looks like
I drive the orvis, it is hunter green not grey. That is a limited grand cherokee

#7,143 ·
Or when you look at this and laugh because you know it's a lie.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum

Attachments

#7,146 ·
Scopez said:
Haha...I'm getting 10mpg and I'm completely stock with the 5.2L. Believe I have some leaking injectors.
Mine by hand is 10-11. The overhead has a sense of humor.

#7,149 ·
comptiger5000 said:
My overhead's telling me I'm getting 17.2 at the moment. So really, about 15. Which is still damn good for the driving I've been doing, especially in a cammed niner.
You must spend some time on the highway. I need to fix my plenum. Hopefully that helps.

#7,157 ·
Not really. I've been on the highway for a whopping 10 minutes out of this whole tank (about 240 miles so far). It's been mostly around town, but not city driving (and I haven't spent any time in traffic). Plus, I've been trying to drive pretty efficiently this tank to see what she'll do for mileage now that the weather's warmed up.

#7,154 ·
With 80% highway driving I get 17-18 but I'll get 20-22 if it's pure highway with my 5.2. Maybe I'm lucky...

#7,155 ·
98lmtdJay said:
During the summer an average work week i run about 14mpg. But its 75% hwy with 2 stops. I drop to 11 in the winter due too the 30min warm up to make sure trans shifts proper. I also found according to the overhead my best mpg is around 50mph. Stock everything.

Sent from my galaxy using JeepForum
I have noticed that around 55 I get my best mileage. I am stock except for a k&n cai, 3" lift and 31" bfgs. Has anyone noticed better fuel economy when using higher quality gas ie shell over something like 76. I live in Las Vegas and I can not find an ethanol free station here.

#7,159 ·
Almost every Orvis on craigslist (I searchtempested the entire country for them) is actually just a Limited. Orvis Edition all had tan interior, tan and green seats, Orvis Edition stamped on the door panels, Orvis Edition embroidered into the floor mats, a special Orvis Edition tire cover with pouches, and except for a few 1997 models, were sold only in Moss Green Pearl with gold Grand Cherokee, 4x4, and Orvis Edition badging, and a roan red stripe. You can tell individual years based on a few key features:

1995:
Early ZJ interior, red stripe is on early-type bumper

1996:
Late ZJ interior, black dashboard, red stripe moved to pinstripe below gold main pinstripe

1997:
Late ZJ interior, tan dashboard. Silver paint offered this year only. Orvis interior and badging all the same though.

To the best of my knowledge, the only options on the Orvis Edition were the sunroof package and the 4.0 was optional, with the 5.2 being the standard engine. Everything else came standard. (Running boards were a dealer-installed accessory) Roughly 10,000 were produced, of which, only 2,000 or so are the desirable 1997 model. Most Orvises are '95s.

There may have been more Euro-spec Orvis Editions, but I haven't done my research for overseas models of ZG, beyond the 5.9 Limited.

My buddy has a super-clean 97 Orvis. If he decides to sell it, I'm selling my Laredo and buying it from him. Sweet, sweet Orvis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.