you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 151 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #2251
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
When you spot a hood open and rush over to help. Just happened.

Attachment 429742

ZJ or not, if I have a couple minutes to kill, I always stop and ask if they need any help.

Just last night I saw a car broke down on the side of the road - turned out to be an old buddy from school. He threw a rod. Nothing we could do on the side of the road so I gave him a tow home

ZJMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #2252
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMatt

ZJ or not, if I have a couple minutes to kill, I always stop and ask if they need any help.

Just last night I saw a car broke down on the side of the road - turned out to be an old buddy from school. He threw a rod. Nothing we could do on the side of the road so I gave him a tow home
Totally agree, I was on the way on the beach, and I pulled into a parking lot to air down and pull into 4lo and saw a TJ with a guy underneath, so I asked "you need some help" and come to find out they were tourists with no tools and his 242TC linkage was stick and couldn't get it into 2wd. So after helping him (explain how to adjust the linkage) he got it and thanked me and I went about my way. It's always nice when they look up and say "thank I really appreciate it" and you explain to them "it's a jeep thing just remember that".
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #2253
aPanzerIV
1997 ZJ 

...when you start looking for that elusive page in the manual telling you to pour holy water on it...
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #2254
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aPanzerIV View Post
...when you start looking for that elusive page in the manual telling you to pour holy water on it...
Maybe that's the answer, to pour a little holy water in our ZJs

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #2255
JustN11
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll

Maybe that's the answer, to pour a little holy water in our ZJs
A new alternative to gas!

It's holy water though, so it should replace all fluids, and not leak!
JustN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #2256
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
When you spot a hood open and rush over to help. Just happened.

Attachment 429742
when you look at this picture and think hmm 96 on the left 9..4 no 5 95 on the right

-when you go to the dealership and have this conversation
me: How much to program 2 key fobs
DS: "oh its in the owners manual, you can do it yourself"
me: No it's a 98 the 93-95 is in the book, i think you got to hook it to the OBII
DS: yeah its in the manual, hold I'll ask someone in the shop
me:* ****in idiots*
DS: he's looking it up online now
me: JF? *Smurk*
DS: I lied thats for the 93-95 zj we gotta hook it up to our machine to program it
me: REALLY :rtft: so how much?
DS: $42
me: ok heres this one other one is in the useless cupholder of that niner right there
DS: 5.9 Limited NICE, oh you got to make a appointment
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #2257
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
when you look at this picture and think hmm 96 on the left 9..4 no 5 95 on the right
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
Unread 07-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #2258
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

When you find this parked next to you, same year, same motor, same color just stock height and tires.

image-3702441641.jpg
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #2259
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious
When you find this parked next to you, same year, same motor, same color just stock height and tires.
That's not the same year.. The left is 96-98.. Easily differed by the grille
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #2260
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

humm really?? I thought grille was the same
because mine is a 96 and I pulled that grille from the JY after trail damage
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #2261
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious
humm really?? I thought grille was the same
because mine is a 96 and I pulled that grille from the JY after trail damage
Ohhh, didn't know they would be interchangeable.. sorry for pointing that out then.. You tricky bastard you lol
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #2262
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

LOL all good, gonna find a 5.9 grille for he, and hitting JY up tomorrow for new headlights, turn lights, and tail lights!
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #2263
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

MrObvious - If you want a 5.9 grille, I've got a slightly cracked (on the bottom, not visible when installed) slate one I'm willing to sell. PM me if you're interested.

On topic, I looked at it sitting sadly in the garage. I should have the heads back tomorrow or Wednesday, so then I can get it back together.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #2264
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Totally agree, I was on the way on the beach, and I pulled into a parking lot to air down and pull into 4lo and saw a TJ with a guy underneath, so I asked "you need some help" and come to find out they were tourists with no tools and his 242TC linkage was stick and couldn't get it into 2wd. So after helping him (explain how to adjust the linkage) he got it and thanked me and I went about my way. It's always nice when they look up and say "thank I really appreciate it" and you explain to them "it's a jeep thing just remember that".
Yeah, I hate being stuck on the side of the road and having everyone just zip by me. And I figure treat others the way you want to be treated

The one thing that bugs me even more though - when you're out with a group, wheeling or something, and you have troubles. And you're under there working on your rig and everybody else is just standing back in a circle watching and talking. They don't even offer to give you a hand even though you're obviously having a hard time. Like really, you don't even need to get your hands dirty if you don't want to. Hold the flashlight or keep track of the bolts as I take them out!
ZJMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #2265
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

you know you drive a ZJ when..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
Ohhh, didn't know they would be interchangeable.. sorry for pointing that out then.. You tricky bastard you lol
they are not unless you change the whole header panel
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
On topic, I looked at it sitting sadly in the garage. I should have the heads back tomorrow or Wednesday, so then I can get it back together.
wrong TOPIC

ON Topic: you have dumb conversations like this^^
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.