you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 117 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #1741
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

When some parts (VIC, Intermittent wipers, etc.) work only when they want to

95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #1742
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

When you remember you left it in 4hi because it binds up when you try to turn right.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #1743
thathubcapguy
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
I'd pay to see the look on the driver's face when they come outside to a missing car.
the whole neighborhood did! he was wandering the street screaming for like 20 minutes before the guy across the street yelled at him out the window "hey ******* they towed it away an hour ago now shut the hell up some of us are trying to sleep!" it was epic lol
thathubcapguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #1744
thathubcapguy
1996 ZJ 

but to be OT. when you are sitting in your living room and a car drives by and you just say it was a jeep, everyone will ask how you knew (the kid sitting by the window saw it) and you reply the sound of a 4.0 is distinguished lol
(same applies to 5 cyl volvos for me i can pick em out)
thathubcapguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #1745
BRae_in_a_ZJ
1997 ZJ 

when your mechanic just fixes stuff for free because he knows how broke you are...
when they dont even have to ask where your car is in their parking lot because they know its in its usual spot...
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #1746
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Do you ZJ guys have a problem when you go into the parts store that the counter droid doesn't understand the difference between an XJ & a ZJ?

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #1747
FearTheEight24
1996 ZJ 

When you put a large amount of money away for mods (wheels and tires especially) and 95% of that money gets used for repairs... fml
Unread 05-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #1748
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim
Do you ZJ guys have a problem when you go into the parts store that the counter droid doesn't understand the difference between an XJ & a ZJ?
I've yet to have that problem. one guy owns a ZJ with 315,xxx on her
95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #1749
Cmense
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheEight24
When you put a large amount of money away for mods (wheels and tires especially) and 95% of that money gets used for repairs... fml
X2.. Its been two months since I lifted my zj 3.5 and still have my 30s on it. Seems like everything needs repaired once you start wanting bigger tires or mods
Cmense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #1750
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

When it's strands you in the middle of nowhere because you decide to drive somewhere for a change.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #1751
97BurgundyGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnridesjeeps

Everyday on the way to work haha.

How about when the girl at work is looking to buy a used vehicle and you keep telling her jeep. And she says " what's the big deal about jeeps" because that's all I'm saying she should buy. I tried to explain the "jeep thing" but it's hard. I guess it really is a jeep thing and you wouldn't understand haha.
I'm a jeep girl, and I have 2 ZJs. One a 94 and the other is 97. Both limited...anyways, I didnt know what the "jeep thing" was until I owned one. And now I wouldn't own anything else. I'm definitely a jeep person!!
97BurgundyGrand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #1752
97BurgundyGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_ZJ_Limited
The sad thing though is that most ZJ people don't have a clue about the wave or anything of that sort. Only twice have I ever gotten the wave from another ZJ driver
Every time I try to wave, the driver isn't paying attention
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #1753
97BurgundyGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956
pic as promised...
Now I wanna watch the video...
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #1754
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97BurgundyGrand View Post
Every time I try to wave, the driver isn't paying attention
I never get the wave back. Other ZJs, XJs, TJs, JKs, nothin'. I just never get the wave back. Ever.

Of course, 90% of Jeeps here, even lifted ones, are daily drivers with no thought of offroading, and they rarely own a Jeep for the sake of owning a Jeep. Sad stuff.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #1755
97BurgundyGrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC

I never get the wave back. Other ZJs, XJs, TJs, JKs, nothin'. I just never get the wave back. Ever.

Of course, 90% of Jeeps here, even lifted ones, are daily drivers with no thought of offroading, and they rarely own a Jeep for the sake of owning a Jeep. Sad stuff.
Yeah, the ones I always slow down next to to get their attention are older lady drivers or they flat out won't look next to them. I have one daily driver zj and then another zj I'm fixing up for trailing and man j can't wait to get it put together There is one guy that comes in my work and he drives a wrangler. I asked him if he was a jeep guy and he said yea, so I asked him if he takes it out on the trail, even tho it is stock, also asked him if he rides with the top down. Anyways long story short, he bought one simply b/c he's always wanted one and will never ride with the top off or take it off roading

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.