you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 116 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #1726
95_ZJ_Limited
1995 ZJ 

When you pick up extra hours at work to help pay off your last project

95_ZJ_Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 04:43 AM   #1727
9859limited
1998 ZJ 

When you take her off the road due to an insurance related issue and she starts spewing antifreeze one day when you start her to maintain battery after not driving for a week or two. Also when you take off road and are like wow now I have money to save for repairs
9859limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #1728
OnAll4sZJ
1997 ZJ 

When you climb in and head to work. Radio turned down or off. About 60 seconds in to your drive you get chills and start freaking out...... cause there are no noises or lights. First time in months my VIC has looked like this...
2012-05-29-08.35.55.jpg  
OnAll4sZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #1729
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAll4sZJ View Post
When you climb in and head to work. Radio turned down or off. About 60 seconds in to your drive you get chills and start freaking out...... cause there are no noises or lights. First time in months my VIC has looked like this...
i think your time is wrong....

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #1730
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

When one day your transmission drives like it's toast, and the next, it's like new.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #1731
OnAll4sZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956

i think your time is wrong....
Why is that?
OnAll4sZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #1732
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Feb 21st was a while ago
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #1733
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathubcapguy View Post
HA
it got better tho.
the cops passed by and asked me to get my truck off the sidewalk. i told them i would be more than happy to if i could get into my driveway.. long story short they towed his car to impound!
Where I live, they'd have just put an orange Abandoned Vehicle sticker on the windshield in front of the driver seat, and left a ticket, instead of asking me to move my truck. They'd then tow it 2 weeks later, if it was still on the street.

TL;DR: Arlington PD is the worst-rated in Texas.

When your A/C doesn't work at all until you're going 30 down the road, then it hits you like an iceberg. (Seriously, why isn't there an evaporator fan? Even my old 200SX had one)

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #1734
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
you come home at 11:00 and find some jerkoff used your driveway as his own personal parking lot.
park appropriately and leave a note on his wiper "drive through this MOFO" knowing that there is no way he can hurt the ZJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyboy View Post
Thats when the tow straps come out and his car ends up in the middle of the road.....
Quote:
HA
it got better tho.
the cops passed by and asked me to get my truck off the sidewalk. i told them i would be more than happy to if i could get into my driveway.. long story short they towed his car to impound!
This is one of the few incidents where the outcome would make me feel better than pulling the thing elsewhere. Normally, I have no patience for this and like Pauly said, the strap comes out.
Unread 05-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #1735
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

When you are so used to "sloppy" steering after driving it that way for years, you just laugh every time someone makes a new thread asking why the steering wheel has so much play.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #1736
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
Where I live, they'd have just put an orange Abandoned Vehicle sticker on the windshield in front of the driver seat, and left a ticket, instead of asking me to move my truck. They'd then tow it 2 weeks later, if it was still on the street.

TL;DR: Arlington PD is the worst-rated in Texas.

When your A/C doesn't work at all until you're going 30 down the road, then it hits you like an iceberg. (Seriously, why isn't there an evaporator fan? Even my old 200SX had one)
When you're having a similar issue with your e-fan and decide to let someone know to look at their fan clutch.

Seriously though, I'm going to figure out if my fan low speed winding is still good, then troubleshoot the sensors as necessary. I can tell my fan doesn't kick on until the engine gets warm. In your case, the clutch is likely bad since if the fan was moving air, then your ac would be cold even at a standstill. Do you still have your shroud?
Unread 05-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #1737
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
When you're having a similar issue with your e-fan and decide to let someone know to look at their fan clutch.

Seriously though, I'm going to figure out if my fan low speed winding is still good, then troubleshoot the sensors as necessary. I can tell my fan doesn't kick on until the engine gets warm. In your case, the clutch is likely bad since if the fan was moving air, then your ac would be cold even at a standstill. Do you still have your shroud?
The fan comes on appropriately, but in my experience, radiator fans never get airflow over A/C evaporators, to any degree significant enough to keep the A/C cool. A/C systems that have evaporator fans tend to fare better in my experience.

In any case, my temperature never rises above 212 at a standstill. It's cooling properly, and getting enough air over the radiator, but not enough over the evaporator.

Unread 05-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #1738
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
The fan comes on appropriately, but in my experience, radiator fans never get airflow over A/C evaporators, to any degree significant enough to keep the A/C cool. A/C systems that have evaporator fans tend to fare better in my experience.

In any case, my temperature never rises above 212 at a standstill. It's cooling properly, and getting enough air over the radiator, but not enough over the evaporator.
By evaporator I think you mean condenser. The evaporator coil only gets airflow from our blower fan. My 4.0 had the same issue after a few years of perfect ac. System was holding pressure and everything, but at a standstill it kept getting gradually warmer over time. I had two choices in the Texas heat... 1. Replace fan clutch 2. Get a taurus e-fan. I went with door #2.

Now my 4.0 is ice cold and my fan always stays at low speed. Just a suggestion as I think they're a better (and cheaper) fix than getting another clutch and or fan.

One last thing, check around your shroud too. If parts of it are broken off then the vacuum that a properly working clutch fan should create will diminish. I know how important ac is in this heat and it's not even hot outside yet - we're barely in the 90s
Unread 05-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #1739
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Whoop you're right, had the heat exchanger backwards.

Still, my shroud's all there, and the fan's always on at idle, and super-on at hot idle.

Unread 05-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #1740
kirbyZJORVIS
1997 ZJ 

When ur pressure washing ur ZJ and you spray the foglight and it crumbles into 6 pieces but a new 55w bulb and a lil clear packing tape and its good as new! LOL Have a fun day with ur jeeps boys.
kirbyZJORVIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.