you know you drive a ZJ when... - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > you know you drive a ZJ when...

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 05-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #1576
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRae_in_a_ZJ View Post
you know you drive a ZJ when you are pround not to be (just another) wrangler on the road. there are so many... it gets obnoxious after a while. dont get me wrong they are awesome jeeps! but not the only ones that exist. thats why i took my badgeing off just to mess with people.... "thats not a jeep! is it?"
When everyone thinks you're just another SUV owner, because you can't afford to do that lift or get those tires, because the only reason you got an SUV in the first place was because the ZJ was so dirt cheap.

Honestly, I love my ZJ, but I'd trade her for a YJ in a second. Mechanical simplicity goes a long way with me. (But then, so do square headlights, so no CJs)

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #1577
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBtjICON
I think people make too much of a competition of it. I look at it like this. If it's a Jeep product, and we meet on the road, if you're taller I wave first, if I'm taller I expect you to wave first. Chain of command here people. I was the same way with my Rubicon. I waved at anything Jeep most of the time, especially if it was taller than mine. The aforementioned rules can be skued a little if the lower vehicle has a winch on the front. As I proved again this weekend, winch's can be priceless........and my brother said his LJ had never been stuck hehehe
Well said. I would, however, if given the chance take an LJ Rubicon in a heartbeat.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #1578
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Always loved the LJs.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #1579
pincheburro956
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBtjICON View Post
Never owned a TJ have you ? Mine had an AC that would freeze your face off, and a heater piped in straight from the pits of hell. I wish my ZJ had half the heater my TJ did.
Owned one?? No.... But i have driven one on many occasion as my neighbor has one that he frequently lends me. I hate the way it rides...I hate the way you have to get in...I hate the view from the drivers seat, as if you have to look around that windshield support on the sides.. Dont like it one bit, everytime i borrow it i remember why I have not sold my ZJ or changed to a wrangler....

The only thing i like about it is the turning radius..... Now dont get me wrong, they are very capable rigs, and they look great when the owners know how to fix them up..I love the way they look, just hate the way they ride.....
My ZJ and my buddy's TJ.

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #1580
thathubcapguy
1996 ZJ 

when in the 2nd day of owning it the hatch falls on your head and the first thing you do is grab a broken broom handle from the trash and carry on (still got a headache though)
thathubcapguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #1581
pincheburro956
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathubcapguy View Post
when in the 2nd day of owning it the hatch falls on your head and the first thing you do is grab a broken broom handle from the trash and carry on (still got a headache though)
that or you use vise grips like mine.....

funny story, the second time my ZJ was broken into, I called our local news and they came out and did a story on it...You can clearly see my Vise Grips holding up the hatch..LOl

im sure i was made fun of on by the whole town...ill see if i can find a pic.

Unread 05-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #1582
pincheburro956
2000 XJ Cherokee 

pic as promised...

Unread 05-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #1583
thathubcapguy
1996 ZJ 

lol they are kinda sticking out there aren't they
thathubcapguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #1584
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956
pic as promised...
"It's a Jeep thing, they wouldn't understand"
Unread 05-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #1585
Cmense
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thats great hahaha
Cmense is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #1586
kirbyZJORVIS
1997 ZJ 

I'm thinking its just a southerner thing by waveing chuck the dueces whatever you do. Jeep no Jeep 4x4 whatever I always try to make sure I spot one and wave. Cuz where I'm from and i hate to use song lyrics but everybody no everybody everybody calls ya friend so we always wavein lol. Dueces to yall and remember being a southern gentalmen is the best policy.
kirbyZJORVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #1587
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
pic as promised...

Get a few of these stickers and signs.
picture-13.png   picture-14.png   picture-15.jpg   picture-16.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #1588
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackZJ View Post
When you could care less if wrangler drivers wave at you. I get more xj drivers to wave than anything.
Oh I could care less without a doubt, I just find it funny when I'm on the beach I wave to just about every jeep out there and it's only the wranglers that don't exchange LOL.

But yeah XJ and ZJ are somewhat common minus the grandmothers and the folks who don't know what they really have, but 80% of Jeeps here are Wranglers.
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #1589
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Most of the Jeeps near me are ZJs and WJs, but they're almost all 2WD, and 90% of the 4x4s are second- third- fourth- or fifth-owner used cars that are used for commuting or soccer-mom-ing, because anything with fewer than 8 cylinders is considered a gas saver here, and they're cheap.

After that, it's TJs, then KJs.

Shoulda had a V8
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #1590
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

......when there is so much pride in your vehicle that this thread is nearing 1600 posts.....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.