are you a good tech? (reallll good?) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > are you a good tech? (reallll good?)

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
autobeamhotmail

are you a good tech? (reallll good?)

i was trail riding and the jeep died- blew a 20amp fuse under the hood. while installing my lift, i noticed these wires hanging down and shorting out. after unplugging the whats left of a pigtail, the jeep runs o.k..... but not great. WHAT ON EARTH DID I RIP OUT? what does this plug go to??? 4 wires, 2 white and 1 gray and one black. it is near the transfer case. must be important, it killed the jeep. (momentarily) thanks

half doors, 4" lift-all coils, modified rear track bar, 16" wheels, 33" ag tires, oversized shocks, no carpet hatch fenders air bags sway bars or glass, 9,ooolb winch, kevins off road tubular front bumper, 2 hellas, borla stainless muffler after the cat, and yes, those are air horns. "LIKE A BIG ATV WITH HEAT AND RADIO"
[/B]
autobeamhotmail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

looks like an o2 sensor

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
Rccarps2

No clicky.....

4.0L K&N Filter
Chrome Tow Hooks
Bilstiens
Mobil 1
Rccarps2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
autobeamhotmail

thanks rccarps2. i'm not too inclined on links.
half doors, 4" lift-all coils, modified rear track bar, 16" wheels, 33" ag tires, oversized shocks, no carpet hatch fenders air bags sway bars or glass, 9,ooolb winch, kevins off road tubular front bumper, 2 hellas, borla stainless muffler after the cat, and yes, those are air horns. "LIKE A BIG ATV WITH HEAT AND RADIO"
[/B]
autobeamhotmail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Yeah, thats your secondary o2 sensor. Not required to run though I don't believe, but it checks your emissions.
anticrombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2007, 04:42 AM   #6
Ds4x4
1996 ZJ 

looks and sounds like the downstream O2 sensor.. it measures the fuel to air ratio usually found after or on the cat... it adjusts your air/fuel to burn cleaner and run better.. you should be getting the check engine light unless somehow you did damage.. i'd either replace it where it came from or rewire it and get a cat simulator, you can find them on ebay...
OME Stab.; Rustys 2" BB + shocks, xtreme hi-lift, Kennesaw Rear MultiCarrier
Proud To Be A FF/EMT/Police/Military Club Member #15
Ds4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.