Yoke for Front diff help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Yoke for Front diff help

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineRugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #16
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

FWIW, my 97 V8 came with a front u-joint style driveshaft from the factory. Don't dismiss any "2nd gen" ZJs in junk yards just because you think they won't be right. Take a look. One of them just might have what you're looking for.

And Polka, that's exactly what I did when my front pinion seal started leaking. I counted the number of threads after the nut before I took it all apart then counted again after while I was tightening. I marked on the pinion where to count from and got about an extra thread out of it. That was 2 years and 15k miles ago. It's still going good. I also bought a new yoke in fear of mine being scored and damaging a new seal.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #17
sharpie54
1995 ZJ 

Yea well I know this and be just does mechanic work out of his garage. The front yoke I'm buying is used and $20 off eBay. It's to a Dana 30 front axle, and it's 26 spline
sharpie54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.