Yoke for Front diff help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Yoke for Front diff help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #16
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

FWIW, my 97 V8 came with a front u-joint style driveshaft from the factory. Don't dismiss any "2nd gen" ZJs in junk yards just because you think they won't be right. Take a look. One of them just might have what you're looking for.

And Polka, that's exactly what I did when my front pinion seal started leaking. I counted the number of threads after the nut before I took it all apart then counted again after while I was tightening. I marked on the pinion where to count from and got about an extra thread out of it. That was 2 years and 15k miles ago. It's still going good. I also bought a new yoke in fear of mine being scored and damaging a new seal.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #17
sharpie54
1995 ZJ 

Yea well I know this and be just does mechanic work out of his garage. The front yoke I'm buying is used and $20 off eBay. It's to a Dana 30 front axle, and it's 26 spline
sharpie54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.