Yellow Top vs Red Top Optima - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Yellow Top vs Red Top Optima

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 07-01-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
dpierson

Yellow Top vs Red Top Optima

I'm looking to replace my battery and looking to invest in a Optima. From reading their pages it seems that the red top is good for everyday driving while the yellow is good if your vehicle sits for a while.

Mine is a everyday driver so I figure to go with the red top but was wondering if any users have had both or chose one over the other for a particular reason?

Traded 8/9/07

[SIZE=1]Black 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0L 42RE/NP231 Command Trac
Sylvania Silverstars, Alpine CD Head Unit, Pioneer 3-Ways in the Doors, Blacked Out Grill, Kolak Exhaust, Clear Corners, Bilstein Shocks, Gas Tank Skid, Rear Hitch, Hitch Wiring, TC Skid, Hellwig RSB, Military FSB, Brembo Front Rotors, OME SS, B&M Supercooler, RE Tie Rod, Limited Power Leather Seats, 30x9.5 Toyo Open Country ATs, Optima Red Top

Next Mods: Upgrade Battery Cables, Sliders, Black Steelies, 3" Lift, Rear Locker, Bumper, HO Alternator, Winch, Driving Lights[/SIZE]
dpierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

It depends on the loads you may require. If you have accessories like a wrench and an Amp that is powering a subwoofer, then get a Yellow Top Deep Cycle. If you simply have a high powered Amp then go with the cheaper of the two which I believe is the Red Top. If you have no added high load Mods, then I would suggest a Sears Diehard. It will cost about $ 40-50 bucks less than Optima and will last a good five years. Of course if you want to open your hood and feel great about a Yellow Top, then go for it MAN

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
AZFlyingDiver

I'm using a yellow top as an auxiliary (with a battery isolator) to power accessories when the engine's off. When my current starter battery dies, I'm going to get a red top...
AZFlyingDiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.