XJ or ZJ for mild off-roading - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > XJ or ZJ for mild off-roading

Jeep Grand Cherokee Exhaust ManifoldsJeep Cherokee Exhaust ManifoldsJeep Wrangler Exhaust Manifold

Unread 08-29-2003, 09:37 PM   #1
Hogger

XJ or ZJ for mild off-roading

I am in the market for a competent off-roader to do some mild weekend wheeling. As soon as I sell the Vette that is (sick of pavement, gimme rocks and mud any day). My wife has a stock wrangler and I have to be able to out-do her and am looking for a XJ or ZJ. Which vehicle is better for offroading and more economical to modify. I have seen pictures of each and like both of them once they have been built up a little and like the thought of a V8 vice I6, but think either cherokee would be an excellent choice. Before I go out and spend the money only to learn of the little problems I didn't know about, I thought I would ask around. I realize that posting here I will probably get a majority of the readers telling me the ZJ is the way to go regardless, but I would greatly appreciate a little input as far as which one to choose, what to look for when buying, and why. Any information I receive would be greatly appreciated. I have read through the boards and gotten some good info already, just looking for a little more specific information. Thank You

Hogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2003, 05:20 AM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Get the ZJ, more room, extremely capable, easily modded.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.